Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Alonso be World Champ with Ferrari

• 24-01-2010 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Im not so sure.
    I think they are at the end of their success cycle and are currently rebuilding which can take years to see success.
    Todt, Brawn and Schumacher are all gone from the team and I think that trio were the reason why they won 6 championships last decade (granted Raikkonen won one too but Todt was there at the time).
    Bottom line is the jury is out on Dommenicali on whether he is a good supremo.
    If they havent got the right leadership they will take years to rebuild, Alonso or not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

I dunno thats a tough one i cant really see it happening for a few years. I really hope he does doe, i like alonso his a fantastic talent and i think if he can keep his headdown he will do well at ferrari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Ill give you my answer in about 10 days :p

...or maybe after Bahrain ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

He'll beat Massa, there's zero doubt in my mind about that. I also think the Ferraris will be massively competitive this year, look at the middle of the season onwards. In fact in the second half of last season Kimi scored I think only a coupla points less than anyone else, despite development having stopped and them focusing on the new car.

EDIT: Just thought I'd add up everyone's points for the last 8 races of the season;
    Hamiltion - 40
    Kimi - 38
    Vettel - 37
    Barrichello - 33
    Button - 27
    Webber - 24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭irishjim111

id love to see the head master shumacker getting the title it would show how really what a legend he reALLY is he outy f1 back on the map phil teylor of f1 4 me ,. one thing this season i hope its a open championship with a couple of teams vieing 4 top spot msakes thre f1 watchable if so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭shamrock321

Without doubt Ferrari and Alonso will be quick and competitive and will win races, and I wouldnt rule them out of a good **** at it. It will be a very competitive season and I think perhaps like 2008 it could be a year when we look back at moments when certain drivers lost the championship rather than when it was one, this one will go to the wire and being so competitive it will be all about consistency.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I don't think Alonso will be World Champion this year. I'm leaning towards putting a bet on Schumacher though. I think it's telling that Ross Brawn has said the new car will be quite a bit faster than last years model and seeing it won the World Championship, it was hardly no slouch to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

Ive 100 euro on him at 5-1, so hopefully paddy power will be paying for my eau rouge tickets nxt season and half my dads:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

he's my pick for champion next year

Advertisement