Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a moisturiser!

• 24-01-2010 11:46pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, I need help with a new moisturiser. I'm currently using Clinique Daily Relief Cream from the Redness Solutions line*. I love it, but it was bought for me in the US, and costs more than €50 here :eek:. I barely earn €50 a week, so I need a "high-street" brand, as it were.

My skin: It's combination, I suppose. It's oily-ish, but not just on the T-zone. I get a spot or two a month, I guess. It also gets quite dry in the cold weather. So I'm looking for something heavy enough for the cold weather, but no so heavy as to exacerbate any oiliness, and all this for under, let's say, €15. Any suggestions?

*Obviously I also have skin that's very sensitive to temperature etc, but it's not generally sensitive to cosmetics.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I have a very similar skin type to you, Faith, and I find this absolutely amazing. I've been using it for six or seven years now (since I was 25/26) and I still don't have any wrinkles. In fact I had a bit of a "crease" between my eyebrows, and the Roc seems to have "diminished the appearance" of it. :)

It's deeply moisturising without being heavy/oily and leaves your skin feeling lovely and fresh with a slight moistness which lasts even overnight (I really sound like an ad! :D What I'm saying is all true though!)

It's a bit more expensive than the figure you gave though - approximately €18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I have similar skin to yourself, I use Decleor Hydra Floral Anti Pollution Moisturising Cream and find brilliant.

It is expensive (it cost me nearly €37 euros for a 50ml, but it is money well spent) and I don't know where you'd find it cheap, tbh.

Maybe try looking on Google?

Also, I know this is off-topic, but you say your earn "barely earn €50 a week", please don't be offended/insulted, but, would you consider maybe applying for supplementry welfare allowance? Or something? As €50 a week isn't a lot, that said, obviously I know nothing about you etc, it's just a suggestion, and as I said, please don't be offended/insulted, it's not how I mean for this to come-across, but it might be something to look into.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

-Orlaith- wrote: »
    I have similar skin to yourself, I use Decleor Hydra Floral Anti Pollution Moisturising Cream and find brilliant.

It is expensive (it cost me nearly €37 euros for a 50ml, but it is money well spent) and I don't know where you'd find it cheap, tbh.

Maybe try looking on Google?

Also, I know this is off-topic, but you say your earn "barely earn €50 a week", please don't be offended/insulted, but, would you consider maybe applying for supplementry welfare allowance? Or something? As €50 a week isn't a lot, that said, obviously I know nothing about you etc, it's just a suggestion, and as I said, please don't be offended/insulted, it's not how I mean for this to come-across, but it might be something to look into.

Haha, thanks for the suggestion Orlaith! I should have clarified that I'm a student, with a part-time retail job :). I don't qualify for any type of welfare, and I'm lucky if I get a full days' work at the moment.

I have the same type as skin as you. I don't use moisturizer only when my skin is dry and I need it.
    But when I do, I use this http://www.olay.co.uk/product-range/classic-care/classic_care_double_action_night_cream.php

It is maybe 6 euro and is brilliant....the sensitive range isn't as good for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

If cost is a factor then Roc, Vichy and La Roche Posay are quality brands. Buy from Boots and you can collect bonus points which you can use to buy yourself a treat every now and then.

Dermalogica is also quite reasonable when bought from adonisgrooming

• Advertisement
Advertisement