Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your favourite anime - manga character?

Options
  • 24-01-2010 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

My favourite character by a wide margin is Belldandy from "Oh My Goddess!" She's surely the most lovable, kindest and most pure-hearted character there is, not to say the prettiest. Who is your favourite?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

see the sig.Ichigo post-hollowification,I always think it's very insightful that his greatest power comes from his dark side,says a lot about a lot of people

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RYO ASUKA from devil man.

180px-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Yang Wenli from Legend of the Galactic Heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Yang Wenli, ay? No general is THAT good. Julian minci was the real brains of the operation.

akiyama mio is my favourite, I gotta say, from K-on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dragons Revenge

Lina Inverse!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JReilly

Nyuu from Elfen Lied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Lilith306

Shinji Ikari because even though most people dislike him, I see a lot of myself in him and indetify with him especially when I first saw Evangelion

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

also Kenshiro from fist of the north star.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Ayanami Rei from NGE.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lina Inverse!!

she was a bitch at times though.

spike for me :pac:

• Advertisement

she was a bitch at times though.

spike for me :pac:

I know! That's what I love about her! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I asked you who your favourite anime/manga character is, but maybe I should also have asked you why you like him or her. I like to read your various reasons and not just a list of names. For example, I like Lina Inverse because she manages to be both cute and a total badass! And she's got the ego to go with it!

Thomas828 wrote: »
    I asked you who your favourite anime/manga character is, but maybe I should have asked you why you like him or her. I like to read your various reasons and not just a list of names. For example, I like Lina Inverse because she manages to be both cute and a total badass! And she's got the ego to go with it!

I just like her personality. I don't know what else to say. I should really say the whole cast just because of how their personalities play off of each other.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

spike is cool. that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 johnlo

Ichigo in bleach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hotaru Tomoe aka Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon. Not obvious at all ;)

Though she's not in the anime very often, she plays a crucial role. She is the soldier of death and rebirth, the soldier of silence, protected by the planet of ruin. I just love the darkness and mystery surrounding her aswell as her incredible power.

Quote (from the manga I think):
    "The beautifully shining talismans summoned, from the forbidden planet, the final soldier, who must not awaken. The soldier of silence, who carries the protection of the planet of ruin, Saturn. Sailor Saturn. Then we knew the end would come. We watched as she slowly brought down her silence glaive, as the Silver Millennium went into oblivion. Our power gave out." - Mamoru

"Sailorsaturn appears at the moment of destruction. She takes all to nothing. She is the guide to death. When the three talismans are together, they will invoke the key that will call Sailor Saturn. [...] The time when Sailorsaturn awakens... Is the time of the death of this world. The time of the ruin of this world." - Mamoru

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭Rawr

Capt. Yurika Misamaru from Martian Sussor Nadesico.

She's a hilarious and lovable character and I really don't understand how she could be down-played in the Nadesico Movie for the sake of Ruri! (Yes, I know it was to appease the Japanese fan-boy element of Ruri fans, but it still pisses me off dammit!! I wanted more Yurika!!)

Pictured: Yurika (Centre), Ruri (Left to Centre)
    Nadesico.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bell22

Son Goku and Vegeta from DBZ ;)

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokoro Chan because her theme song is as stupidly cute as it is stupidly violent.

Advertisement