Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Scorpions are retiring

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I thought they'd packed it in a few years ago,they're knocking around a long time now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I only actually know them from the Children of Bodom cover of "Don't Stop at the Top"

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I love the Scorpions, especially the old stuff from the 70's to the early 90's. I think it's good that they are calling it quits rather than keep on putting out average albums year after year. I was actually quite dissapointed with the last album due to the boring downtuned guitar sound that they had. I just hope the new album will have a much better lead guitar sound like their old albums. I also think that it's time that Iron Maiden called it quits, because I was personally not that pleased with the last album.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Great band, I still listen to Love at first sting and World wide live quite a lot. Would love to see them live before they call it a day.

rednik wrote: »
    Great band, I still listen to Love at first sting and World wide live quite a lot. Would love to see them live before they call it a day.

'Love at first sting' is a class album. You should also listen to both 'Lovedrive' and 'Blackout', they are also excellent albums.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It said it would end its career with a final album - "Sting in the Tail," to be released in March - and a tour that will start in Germany in May and take it across the world "over the next few years."

So they're actually retiring sometime in the next few years then. Hmmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I have to say I would love to see them live, hope they come over. If they play The Zoo, its worth the admission price. What a tune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

Yeah, The Zoo's a classic.

Can't wait to see what vibe their last album has. Could be a slow, moving album, or a traditional hard rock album. I bet they'll have a song reminiscing their career.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Saw them at Donnington many many moons ago (1986), class act and were the best band on the day. Although this tour will go on over a few years it will be sad to see them go as they gave us some class ballads over the years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I also think that it's time that Iron Maiden called it quits, because I was personally not that pleased with the last album.

:pac:

mike65 wrote: »
    :pac:

Each to their own. ;) I just thought it really wasn't that great, and I also didn't think it was as good as 'Brave New World'.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will we see a date in Dublin before they retire ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will we see a date in Dublin before they retire ??

Would absolutely love to see them, but I just don't see it happening, they are one of the few bands left on my list and looks like I'll be missing out.....will keep the fingers crossed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Saw them a few years ago and they were still very solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

did they ever play dublin before. they played Belfast a few years back with Judas Priest

Advertisement