Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sudden NAT Moderate problem

• 25-01-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭

So I tried a few games of MW2 tonight...kept skipping all over the place. Stuck in SF4 and couldnt even connect to a fight. Tested the Xbox live connections then and it told me my connection (NAT) was set to moderate. Now I havent a clue what this means and after a bit a googling I've seen one or two solutions but wouldnt be the hottest regarding networks etc.

My question is whats the best way to tackle this now and how/why did it just happen out of the blue? last week it was working fine

thanks
    Trilla

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

1. On your pc go to your router homepage (open internet explorer/firefox and go to 192.168.1.254).

2. Click custom services on the left and in the ‘service name’ dropdown box select ‘Xbox live games’. It will be near the bottom of the list. Click enable and in the ‘select host device’ dropdown box select the pc your Xbox is connected to. Click enable.

And you’re done. Test your Xbox live connection again just to be sure but your NAT settings should be set to open.

You can try lowering your router firewall but thats not necessarily a great idea. You can do it from the same page as the above tip.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Think the problem is with mw2, same thing happened to me tonight and never had problems much before for last 3 years online with any game. Read on another forum that theres alot of lag switch cheating being used so maybe could be something to do with that. Out of 20 games tonight I'd say half of them had majorly bad lag, every one on the team I was on was giving out about it and one guy mentioned the lag switch, as sever lag only kicked in when our team was winning , of course after the lag we got decimated, so don't think the other side was effected at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Meatwad wrote: »
    Think the problem is with mw2, same thing happened to me tonight and never had problems much before for last 3 years online with any game. Read on another forum that theres alot of lag switch cheating being used so maybe could be something to do with that. Out of 20 games tonight I'd say half of them had majorly bad lag, every one on the team I was on was giving out about it and one guy mentioned the lag switch, as sever lag only kicked in when our team was winning , of course after the lag we got decimated, so don't think the other side was effected at all.

hmmmm, interesting but doesnt explain why I couldnt get a match going in Street Fighter or the error I got via the Xbox Live connection test.

fitz0 wrote: »
    You can try lowering your router firewall but thats not necessarily a great idea. You can do it from the same page as the above tip.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

Sorry forgot to add my xbox is connected via wireless adapter not a pc

EDIT: Rang up microsoft as this morning even though the same thing is happening gaming wise the error is no longer appearing when testing the xbox live connection. They told me to open tcp and udp 53, tcp 80, udp 88 amongst others for the router i have. Anyone any ideas how this is done?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Go to this http://portforward.com/ website and select the router and add follow the steps to add the ports you need.

• Advertisement

One last update on this to see if anyone can help. I rang NTL and they said they cant help, that the TC hotline or accessing the manual is the only way to get these ports open.

I own a cisco EPC2425 router, and when i go to 192.168.1.1 no passwords work to access any tabs such as "Advanced" "Status" etc. Admin and Admin or leaving them blank doesnt work :(

Do you have the manual for the router or can you find it online, if you can get the manual it should tell you what default password is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

http://blogs.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63452282

According to this thread the username and password are blank when its the default so you must have put something in yourself. Also there is a seperate one for the advanced tab it seems.

Axwell wrote: »
    http://blogs.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63452282

According to this thread the username and password are blank when its the default so you must have put something in yourself. Also there is a seperate one for the advanced tab it seems.

If this is the case, Get the details off NTL you need for the modem and do a factory reset it should default back blank / blank. Then hopefully you can set up ports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭zero86r

I have that router, as has been said it will log in when the name and password fields are empty

EDIT can't access the advanced section but you can access port forwarding on the setup tab

• Advertisement

zero86r wrote: »
    I have that router, as has been said it will log in when the name and password fields are empty

EDIT can't access the advanced section but you can access port forwarding on the setup tab

Yeah its not liking the blank / blank for user name password. I've left them both blank and after the third time i get the "HTTP 401 - Unauthorized,Authorization is required to access the configuration server. You must enter the correct username and/or password."

I'll check with others here maybe they changed it but I seriously doubt it.

thanks again

anyone know as to why this happens out of the blue? Why the NAT suddenly changes?

Advertisement