Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomato and Herb Bread

Options
  • 25-01-2010 12:26am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way of adapting those Odlums Quick Bread things, make your own basic bread recipe and then throw in tomato & herb, etc? Anyone got a good way of doing it? Doesn't have to be tomato and herb, by the way..just curious to see if anything else can go in apart from seeds and raisins.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

Absolutel; I make this all the time. I just chop up some sundried tomatoes and put them in a little oil, add rosemary and then make the bread normally in the same bowl (I usually make bread with just flour and water) and then shape it into a twist or a roll and pop it into the oven and voila very delicious, homemade bread. I have also at times put parmesan in with the sun dried toms and the rosemary.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i squidge caramelised onions into white basic yeast bread. the hard part is keeping them in the dough (they like to slide back out)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

the onions sound yum,
    I put some pesto with sundried tomatoes in mine

Advertisement