Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weak Pokémon you always loved

Options
  • 25-01-2010 12:30am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Dunno about you guys, but in any iteration of a Pokémon game, theres always a weak one that I loved.

Oh spheal, you worthless sack of crap. How I love you and your cheap Seel ripoff :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Caterpie. I mostly felt sorry for him though since that episode when Misty seen one and hated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

402.png

Always loved this stupid bastard because he reminds me of one of my best friends in a stupid way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Magikarp!
    I once went through the League with a team of Level 100 Magikarps!!

Best thing in the world.
    Tackle and flail and splash. You useless pokémon.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Badoof! Thick as a plank but so adorable!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Caterpie. I mostly felt sorry for him though since that episode when Misty seen one and hated it.

Caterpie ain't nearly as bad as his older brother Spr_3e_011.gif. But I like Metapod cos he evolved into Butterfree. He was one of the first pokémon to evolve for me in the first series.

• Advertisement

dambarude wrote: »
    Caterpie ain't nearly as bad as his older brother Spr_3e_011.gif. But I like Metapod cos he evolved into Butterfree. He was one of the first pokémon to evolve for me in the first series.

He does't even have any attacks if you catch one in the wild! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

True. Harden anyone? No?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_AoAlgJWC4&feature=related

This vid says it all about Metapod I'm afraid. Scroll to 3:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Rattata, in Red/Blue. You'd capture one early on and I usually kept mine for ages. I think it was because his card in the card game was strong for a colourless dude. Also, the sound Quick Attack made never got old.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Togepi =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Rattata, in Red/Blue. You'd capture one early on and I usually kept mine for ages. I think it was because his card in the card game was strong for a colourless dude. Also, the sound Quick Attack made never got old.

Ooh I loved that noise :) actually if you got rattata to evolve into raticate he was fairly powerful, especially if he knew hyper fang- that took half your opponents health away!!

I loved butterfree- pretty, but not great.. She was awesome though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I managed to get a Pikachu to the 7th gym for the sheer novelty but by then it became apparent that he's pretty crap.

Went out of my to catch a Skitty in Sapphire, just because.

I have loads of Bidoof.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

Diglett, sooooooooo cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

A Neurotic wrote: »
    402.png

Always loved this stupid bastard because he reminds me of one of my best friends in a stupid way.

Have to agree on Kricketune, the coolest Pokémon cry by far!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No such thing as weak Pokémon... Only weak trainers!

Except Metapod. He's just weak.

No such thing as weak Pokémon... Only weak trainers!

Except Metapod. He's just weak.

Pfft, weak, dude...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Poliwag. :)

Snubull
    or Miltank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Nidorino was such a piece of crap... but he was MY piece of crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

dambarude wrote: »

I always loved him since the episode where Ash battled the trainer with the really powerful Metapod and Metapod flew around like a boomerang.

Pity that didn't happen in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Beedrill. It was pretty pointless trying to keep it on, it didn't learn great attacks. But I liked it nonetheless

Advertisement