Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards not 100% functional

Options
  • 25-01-2010 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Even though I can access all the forums, post msgs etc, boards.ie isn't 100% right for me at the moment. The top menu is missing, so I have to get to forums the old fashioned way (or hope that people have posted there recently). Also, when posting, I can't use any of the post controls (bold, underline, link, etc). They just don't function.

I thought it might be a JS problem, but I've restarted FF and my machine to no avail, and VBulletin is working perfectly ok for me on other website forums.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

To the best of my knowledge nobody else has reported similar problems. Unfortunately I'm not the most technical guy, but I do know that in the past people have had problems with the top menu missing and clearing their cache and then restarting FF has sorted it, so if you haven't done that I reckon you should give it a go. If you have tried or it doesn't work just let us know and one of the more technically minded admins should be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Tried that. The top menu is back, but the post controls are still non-functioning. That includes the smilies list to the right aswell.

No update? I still can't use any of the message controls across the site and only on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Moved from Helpdesk. Hopefully the devs can shed some light, I'm stumped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

That sounds like a Javascript problem, but perhaps you're having issues seeing static.boards.ie where the javascript is hosted?

What do you get when you go here: http://static.boards.ie/vbulletin/clientscript/vbulletin_global.js ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Conor wrote: »
    That sounds like a Javascript problem, but perhaps you're having issues seeing static.boards.ie where the javascript is hosted?

What do you get when you go here: http://static.boards.ie/vbulletin/clientscript/vbulletin_global.js ?

Conor,

Are there any know issues with static.boards.ie? I keep having issues now and again with it. I dont get a reponse from it for ages then all of a sudden it responds and my pages load fine.

Conor wrote: »

Strangely, the problem appears to have gone away now, I have full access to the smilies :D and board controls

Cheers.

lynchie wrote: »
    Are there any know issues with static.boards.ie? I keep having issues now and again with it. I dont get a reponse from it for ages then all of a sudden it responds and my pages load fine.

I've seen this, but it happens very rarely so it's very hard to test.

I need to find some way of triggering it so that I can figure out what it's up to.

corblimey wrote: »
    Strangely, the problem appears to have gone away now, I have full access to the smilies :D and board controls

Cheers.

Hmm, odd. Good news I guess.

If it re-occurs, let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement