Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

left my wallet in a taxi

Options
  • 25-01-2010 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

ok not sure if this is the right forum, got a taxi this evening and Im nearly certain my wallet fell out of the left pocket of my jacket in the taxi as I took it off. The driver was sound so I reckon if he finds it he will send it on, I have my passport,credit card,medical card and some other stuff in it.

The thing is I need it back asap, If its posted to the address thats written on paper in my wallet I might have it during the week,

so heres my question, is there a lost and found number for taxis in general?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

ok not sure if this is the right forum, got a taxi this evening and Im nearly certain my wallet fell out of the left pocket of my jacket in the taxi as I took it off. The driver was sound so I reckon if he finds it he will send it on, I have my passport,credit card,medical card and some other stuff in it.

The thing is I need it back asap, If its posted to the address thats written on paper in my wallet I might have it during the week,

so heres my question, is there a lost and found number for taxis in general?

If you're in Dublin go to the Carriage Office,Dublin Castle.
    That's where they have to hand in lost property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Dublin City Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    If you're in Dublin go to the Carriage Office,Dublin Castle.
    That's where they have to hand in lost property.

Or you could try ringing them from here

Just hope he finds its before someone else gets into his taxi and may not be so sound

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

pebbles21 wrote: »

Just hope he finds its before someone else gets into his taxi and may not be so sound

There lies the problem, I've found one empty wallet in my car,god knows how many full one's have been taken. The carriage office, 016669800.
    Always a good idea to take your receipt,has all the taxi's details on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

pebbles21 wrote: »

thanks, ye the good thing Is I was his last customer, he was on the way home and then out for some pints after dropping me off. I awkwardly took off my jacket in the car and I'm guessing it fell out down the left side, hopefully he does a quick clean last/first thing after/before work and notices it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

thanks, ye the good thing Is I was his last customer, he was on the way home and then out for some pints after dropping me off. I awkwardly took off my jacket in the car and I'm guessing it fell out down the left side, hopefully he does a quick clean last/first thing after/before work and notices it.

Sorry to hear that chap, hope you get it back, keep us updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Hope you get it back. I know taxi drivers take alot of flack but I left my wallet in a taxi one night when I was langered. Sh1t a brick in the morning, cancelled all my cards (was staying in a friends house) and 45 minutes later the taxi driver drives up to the house with my wallet.

Advertisement