Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kick Ass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm troubled... the man isn't a great actor, had a career low when he was recently upstaged by a flaming moose and possesses a terribly boring voice but I'm loving that trailer.

"Good call baby-doll."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

I can take or leave Mark Millar as a writer, but it'll be very interesting to see how this turns out - very interesting premise and cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

Well if the bullet doesn't kill her, the numerous bangs to her head on the concrete surely will :) No worries, Dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Saw this trailer last week. Didn't realise Nic Cage was in it at all as he gets no screen time. I presume he's Big Daddy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

used to like Nic Cage but now....avoid him if it is possible :P

trailer looks awesome!!but next April??!god damn it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Its getting great buzz after this weekends Butt-Numb-A-Thon.
    Gonna be first in line to see it next year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

That kinda genre wannabe superhero movie appeals to me, will go see!

Dale from Greek is also in the cast!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

OP, kindly remove Nicholas Cage from the thread title as it'll probably put people off this amazing looking movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Rhyme wrote: »
    I'm troubled... the man isn't a great actor, had a career low when he was recently upstaged by a flaming moose and possesses a terribly boring voice but I'm loving that trailer.

"Good call baby-doll."

I think he's a great actor when he gives a ****, which is about once every few dog generations at this point. :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    I think he's a great actor when he gives a ****, which is about once every few dog generations at this point. :/

Agreed. I tend to avoid him like the plague if I can, but I got duped into watching Matchstick Men and The Bad Lieutenant, and, surprisingly enough, enjoyed both.

Mind, they're not fantastic pieces of art or anything, but he acted the parts fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

liah wrote:
    but I got duped into watching Matchstick Men and The Bad Lieutenant

Did you see Bad Lieutenant in a cinema? I'm dying to see it! I've been looking all over for it on the big screen but to no avail.

Also, I agree that Cage can be a great actor when he wants to be. I hear that Herzog got a great performance out of him in his latest flick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Notorious wrote: »
    Did you see Bad Lieutenant in a cinema? I'm dying to see it! I've been looking all over for it on the big screen but to no avail.

Also, I agree that Cage can be a great actor when he wants to be. I hear that Herzog got a great performance out of him in his latest flick.

<snip>

Very offbeat film.. some of the sequences are completely hilarious, especially the ones involving reptiles and breakdancers. It's a good film if you're not looking for anything serious and just want a bit of a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Next person to even hint at the notion of illegally downloading movies is getting banned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That. Looks. Brilliant.

I love Nic Cage, he's been in some of the best action movies ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

I wonder if he'll ever reach the heights of The Wicker Man again. That was the defining moment of his career, a fantastic comedic performance.

Ohhhh but seriously.

I like Nic, even if he does look more and more like Gene Wilder with each passing year.

As for this movie, it's looks pretty decent.....I just hope Nic doesn't mess it up again. That guy has been on autopilot for so long now, and made some stinkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

That. Looks. Brilliant.

I love Nic Cage, he's been in some of the best action movies ever.

That's true. He's also done some... less fantastic work.

I love the 'tasche, though. And the "baby doll" thing seems to be just about on the right side of cheesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Galvasean wrote: »
    Next person to even hint at the notion of illegally downloading movies is getting banned

Two people have tried to challenge this ruling on thread. They have been dealt with.

OMG!!!...look at this trailer, she's 12!:

http://www.flicksandbits.com/?p=668

That is bloody awesome!...i'm glad it's not a 12A flick.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=26575

How do you feel about a 12-year-old girl swearing like that?....i know i real life girls say the same, and worse....it just feels, weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Anyone else looking forwards to this one? It looks pretty cool, all about some comic book nerd who decides to try be a superhero.
    It opens here 2nd of April.
    Trailer

NSFW Trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Here is the UK trailer.

UK Poster, Empire gave it 5 stars!
    kickassquad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I'm really looking forward to this one. Hate Cage. In fact, his name is quickly becoming a by-word for career self-destruction. But I have on good authority that the comic is, heh... kick ass and surprisingly violent, and the film seems the same way. Not crazy about Matthew Vaughan, but this could change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

it looks great. Very funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Nicholas Cage? Eurgh. Will watch trailer later. This better be worth it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

ah no, it does look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

This looks brilliant. The girl looks like she is going to steal the show. She already has in the trailers :D

And it is inevitably going to piss off A LOT of people (Daily Failers, probably), which is an extra plus :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

This months empire (March issue) has loads on kick ass in it.

(BTW I don't work for Empire.... but if they're want me lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

i do, like others, have a deep dislike of nicholas cage. but i just don't get the buzz around this film.

I will go watch it probably, but it doesn't look anything spectacular.

• Advertisement
Advertisement