Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16gb MicroSD

Options
  • 25-01-2010 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

lookign for a cheap MicroSD, not to sure about ebay. Anyone know whats generally the cheapest with a decent speed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

mymemory and mx2 are usually hard to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

James. wrote: »
    mymemory and mx2 are usually hard to beat
    +1. mymemory.co.uk are in jersey so you might be liable for vat. I would avoid ebay, I am usually pretty careful about ebay, I got stung with 2 faulty microsd's, seller did a runner but I got all the money back via paypal. not worth the hassle, mymemory are only about €1-2 more. If no 16gb is on sale now I would hold out a week or so if you can, they keep having offers come & go, I have ordered LOADS from them, and never had a problem.

£33 for a class 2 16gb, http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Integral/Integral-16GB-Micro-SD-%28SDHC%29-Card-Class-2-%28Inc-Adapter%29

class 4 16gb 8GB are £12.50 on mx2.co.uk last time I checked

EDIT: 8GB not 16GB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

class 4 16gb are £12.50 on mx2.co.uk last time I checked

Can't see this at all - 8 GB class 6 is £16.99 though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinor

Just under €45 for class 2 and you can pick it up if you are in Dublin so no delivery charge.

http://www.elara.ie/products/xdcard.asp?srch=16GB+microSDHC&anyallexact=all&manu=&mancode=&searchBtn=Search&layershowhide=

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

long_b wrote: »
    Can't see this at all - 8 GB class 6 is £16.99 though ?

Sorry! I meant 8gb class 4 and it was £12.59

http://www.mx2.co.uk/default.asp?part=MICROSD8GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

if at all possible get a class 6 especially for a phone otherwise transferring data on to it is painfully slow

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭breeno

hick wrote: »
    if at all possible get a class 6 especially for a phone otherwise transferring data on to it is painfully slow

I just bought this last night for my phone. 16GB Class 6. Cost €62 plus €6 delivery. Can be collected from their warehouse in Celbridge for free if it suits.

http://www.memoryc.ie/products/description/16GB_A_Data_Turbo_microSDHC_Memory_Card_w_SD_adapter/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Thanks for the replies lads, am looking into the listed options.

Besides the initial transfer...is there a noticeable difference between class 2,4 and 6? As the price differences are quite significant!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Besides the initial transfer...is there a noticeable difference between class 2,4 and 6? As the price differences are quite significant!

Transfer speed is the only difference. The speed difference is quite big though so the reason for the price jump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Davy wrote: »
    Transfer speed is the only difference. The speed difference is quite big though so the reason for the price jump

Cheers Davy.
    Once it doenst make the phone slower in day to day us (like when accessing the card to listen to music) im happy enough. After the intial transfer, i wont be transfering data to often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It would be slower access music too, its not just the initial transfer, sorry should been more clear, but you wont notice it just listening to music

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

idk i bought memory cards of ebay before and never had a problem...currently waiting for a SD card for my Wii now

Advertisement