Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A year in Australia

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

District_9 wrote: »
    Depends are you an indian student?

I jest its fine and the locals are friendly , alchol and tact go a long way
    No, 100% Irish lol
    How long does it take to complete the visa process?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

You can apply on the Oz immigration website and it takes a few days. Less than a week anyway. Costs $200.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hipster2009

fontanalis wrote: »
    Personally I thnk it's worth the hype, the only downside is it's too far from Ireland for visiting etc and christmas is frankly sh1t there.

Xmas downunder is what you make of it if you want everything to be the same as in Ireland then you should have stayed at home. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Xmas downunder is what you make of it if you want everything to be the same as in Ireland then you should have stayed at home. ;)

Na Christmas here isn’t as good at all. Christmas decorations just dont look as good when its Sunny and the traditional Christmas meal doesn’t fit when its 35 degrees outside. Having a barbeque and going to the beach just doesn’t feel like a Christmas activity to me and never will. You don’t get that Christmas feeling in the build up and during Christmas. It all just felt wrong to me. I loved Christmas time at home.

I think I might have a little Christmas here during winter decorate the house and have a big Christmas dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I'd say after a while you get used to it but christmas in Australia for me was just strange, 86 degrees and as for decorations, there were hardly any. I'd say any small town in Ireland looked better than melbourne at christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Daithio2

Christmas is definitely better at home, but only because it gives you a break from the otherwise absolutely miserable winter. It just doesn't feel as necessary in the middle of a scorching hot summer.

Advertisement