Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DL143 Multimedia Systems

Options
  • 25-01-2010 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

can anybody tell me what this course is like. changing courses next year and this is one of my choices. any info would be hugely appriciated. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 push_it

Hello.
    I am currently in 2nd year this course.

Firstly IT HAS MATHS!! Now it only gets as hard as lower level LC maths but alot of people dont know this, and you only do it for the first 2 years so its not too bad.

You do a fair bit of programming and some design.

What you do mainly is make the internet work, So alot of Java and SQL and that.

It is a fun course, you get to learn alot of great programs.

Hope you go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 d_dools

Hey,

im completed this course a few years ago, am a full time web developer now.

I really enjoyed the course, made a lot of friends, most of which i still have today, youll end up in quite a small group(class size, which i found very usefull for support through the course)

as mentioned above there is maths, but you will learn a lot(or more so the course will teach you current languages yourself)

but you have to be prepared to put the work in, there is a high level of continual assessment, that all goes towards your end of year result, you will be doing a lot more hours(30+) than other courses, but if you stay on top of things its grand. the college is great as well btw, very social.

defiantly glad i did this course :)

good luck to any thinking of doing it

Advertisement