Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folks Clubs in Dublin

Options
  • 25-01-2010 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

*This is the most suitable forum on Boards.ie*

Are there any folk clubs in Dublin? I've been going to some some sessions in town but I'm getting sick of the snobbery amongst trad players - people walking out while people are singing etc.. :mad: So, I'm looking for a good folk night if one exists? Open to any suggestions..

Cheers,

WD.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Theres a great singing circle in Howth, if you're interested I can find out the details for you. They had their biggest annual event only last night actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 theyellowtinker

Yeah,.. theres also an excellent singers session 3rd Sat every month at the Strand Hotel Bray Seafront..usally kicks off bout 9.30pm. All styles welcome there also but most singing is unaccompanied, (although they do welcome accompaniment instruments aswell!) Aswell they have guests from time to time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Blade wrote: »
    Theres a great singing circle in Howth, if you're interested I can find out the details for you. They had their biggest annual event only last night actually.

Any other info would be great.

Thanks a lot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Leave it with me and I'll PM you with some contact details as soon as I get it.

Advertisement