Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on 5.1 Home Cinema under €500

• 25-01-2010 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I currently have a PS3, Apple TV and Sony Bravia.
    So I don't need a DVD/Blu Ray player. I just want the amp and speakers.

My budget is €500 all in.
    I need brackets for the speakers too as I want to hang them as the room is an awkward shape to place them on stands (just know people would be hitting doors off them).

I like the small sized speaker such as Sony ht is100 but have heard they don't send sound via HDMI and the quality isn't as good because of the size.
    I don't mind bigger speakers as long as they're not eye sores. Would be good if the centre speaker was a thin bar that could fit under the tv.

I just really want it for films and PS3 games and want it to be loud but not kill the neighbours.

Any advice on what is a good setup for my budget and where to shop for it would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Examples here from Richersounds, ask here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brian kay

that Sony ht is100 are not all that good.heard the in Sony center when i was getting my tv and they sucked

i have the Sony str ks1300 connected to my xbox and blu ray and it rocks.the speakers a small and it only around €300 now and it bangs out 1000w.

Advertisement