Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you're nocturnal and interested in Brian Eno...

Options
  • 25-01-2010 3:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭

... documentary starting on BBC4 at 3.20 - repeat of Friday night's programme which I would have recorded had Mike65 given the usual heads-up, but he didn't. Good going Mike. :mad:

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

It's on the BBC iPlayer for anyone that missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dudess wrote: »
    ... documentary starting on BBC4 at 3.20 - repeat of Friday night's programme which I would have recorded had Mike65 given the usual heads-up, but he didn't. Good going Mike. :mad:

:D

:pac:

Sorry I let you all down, now I'm going to throw myself off the roof by way of
    penance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

It was on earlier too. Very interesting character. The Roxy documentay was really good too.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

ntlbell wrote: »
    It's on the BBC iPlayer for anyone that missed it.

Can the BBC iPlayer be accessed here?

Raging I missed this too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

He does a little cameo in Father Ted. It's at the start of the episode in which Ted thinks about going to America (the one with Tommy Tiernan). My jaw dropped when I saw it. He plays Father Brian Eno. He's a bit of a musical legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

iPlayer can be got through a British proxy. Otherwise, no.

Also, he's a lot of a legend, not a bit!

I keep overlooking him in my listening, but no more. I really liked what he did with Paul Simon's last album.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Can the BBC iPlayer be accessed here?

Raging I missed this too :(

I normally use a UK proxy.

I think there's some sites now that you can use to bypass it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I think this is it. Really looking forward to it.

Just close down the advertisement and it will play. If you're on a slow connection, just press pause for a while. It should play fine for most people though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

mike65 wrote: »
    Sorry I let you all down, now I'm going to throw myself off the roof by way of penance.
    Ah, I suppose you don't have to do that... :pac:

I wasn't particularly impressed with it.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

<Ollie> wrote: »
    I think this is it. Really looking forward to it.

Just close down the advertisement and it will play. If you're on a slow connection, just press pause for a while. It should play fine for most people though..

Excellent, cheers - and you can even download from there rather than watch online, good stuff. Hooray for the internet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hooray indeed. I enjoyed that.

Still my favourite album of the last little while is "everything that happens will happen today.

Nice one Dudess....Boo Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Excellent, cheers - and you can even download from there rather than watch online, good stuff. Hooray for the internet :pac:

Someone put it up on rapidshare but the link is dead already. I'll just watch that streaming link later when I'm the only one online. I only have a 1mb connection so it keeps freezing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

This sounds like it might have been interesting does anyone know if it mentioned the berlin trilogy or if it's online anywhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I would have liked to hear his reasons for leaving Roxy Music back in 1973. As it was, Roxy were one of the most influential bands to come out of Europe in the 70s and early 80s, but could have been as even more critically acclaimed and successful had Eno not left to pursue his production exploits.

Advertisement