Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wake on Lan - WoL - question

Options
  • 25-01-2010 4:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to assign an application to run on startup from WoL.

I am running XBMC on my windows PC and I got the XBMC Remote iPhone application. One of the features of the remote is that I can set up WoL to wake up the PC remotely from the iPhone when I want to use XBMC, but it only wakes up the PC it does not automatically run XBMC aswell.

Ideally I would like to configure the PC to run XBMC when it is woken up by the NIC, but not when woken up manually, if this is at all possible.

If anybody has any ideas that could help me out that would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

put xbmc in startup folder, or in event ghost script

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

zod wrote: »
    put xbmc in startup folder, or in event ghost script
    If I done this then XBMC would run on every startup. I only want it to run when the computer is booted by the NIC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

You'd be better off asking on their site.

http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=491971 here's something i found with a quick google ( didn't read it) but i'm sure you can explore more from there

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Yeah I just thought I'd ask here seen as it could be any application to run on startup - not an issue with xbmc only.

That link is for an iphone application to do with xbmc, but thanks anyway :)

Advertisement