Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smelly dog

Options
  • 25-01-2010 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

The dog had a great time last night playing with 2 others on his walk but he got soaked from rolling in the grass and is covered in slobber and god knows what else.

This morning he smells awful and needs a bath asap. But I have no dog shampoo in the house and no way of getting any today. Is there anything else I can use?

I have some aloe vera totally natural soap - would that be ok if I only use a bit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

As far as I know it's fine, it is the rinsing that is the most important part, rinse and rinse again and you'll be fine and dandy.

*remembers own dog rolling in/on dead fox*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Hi,
    Just finished washing my two, they found a dead fish this morning at the river:(.
    I often use baby shampoo and conditioner(johnsons, great for long haired dogs, and smells lovely)when I run out of dog shampoo, as its very mild. Have also used Elvive and sunsilk in emergency, so long as you rinse well it should be fine. I usually dilute it a bit with water then use it.
    Mine have never had a reaction to people shampoo but one did once to something the groomer used, so it depends on the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thanks!

Off now to try bath him, all I need is for someone to tell me how to bath a large heavy dog who HATES it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My friends husband recently washed a large stinky retriever by shutting himself and the dog in the shower and killed two birds with one stone!
    She was laughing so much she nearly wet herself, I told her video next time:D

Advertisement