Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

....In Bruges......

• 25-01-2010 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

I’m hoping to get away for a long weekend with a few friends, and one the gang is quite set on going to Bruges.

Apart from the movie (which didn’t really sell it to me?!?!?) has anyone any info on what to do here?!?

Our age group is mid twenties to early thirties.

I’d be looking for “interesting” culture, good restaurant with local food, great bars with a pulse, and clubs that stay open. Supposedly the clubs stay open till dawn at the weekend :), but does anyone have names of the good ones.

Any info (good or bad) is greatly appreciated….

Thanks in advance Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Aibreann

It is amazing, if you go for pubs in Belgium, you go to the wrong place, but Bruges is a dream.
    It is very nice if you rent a bike and also if you go to visit the town, in a few days you can do it all.

Go and see the Hendricks beer place 12% alchool. !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

In Bruges, ask Colin Farrell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

A canal tour. General moochings around the streets (they're nice)
    The shopping is surprisngly good.
    And the chips. Oh.My.God. The chips are fabulous!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Aibreann

A colleague from work sent us a link from a holiday January 2010. It was a game like Do you recognize the places? We do this sometimes, when someone is coming back from a holiday we share the pics on picassa and who guesses the place gets more chocolate or candies from that place.

She had Bruxelles, some pics of Paris, Amsterdam (never been yet but I recognized some of the building -drugs store) and she had also Brugge.
    I won the chocolates after few seconds. It was all nice in snow, very nice. Though was very cold in there and very windy, she said that was full of visitors.

I'd go there ... tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 franj

Read the other post in here but just wondering if anyone has any links to good places to go out in Bruges, about a dozen lads mid 20's. Anyone done a trip here, would like to go but we want to be sure before we go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with other Bruge thread.
    Check sites like tripadvisor too, usually have good advice.

Advertisement