Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web page colours...

Options
  • 25-01-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Just an interesting observation, I was creating my sig image and wanted the background of the image to be same color as the page background (ok maybe I should have just tried using transparency..)
    Anyways I just have the default skin selected for boards so on my main monitor it looks white so I made the background white uploaded and all looked lovely. However I have a dual monitor setup (two different dell 17" monitors) and when I dragged the firefox window with my sig in view to the other screen the background in my sig was different to the page background and when I colour picked on the background (see attachment) its not white its (245, 245, 255).

So one monitor the two colours (255, 255, 255) and (245, 245, 255) are shown the same (just white) and on the other you can see the difference.

Is this something that's well known or just some setting on my monitors / dual monitor setup that causing this.

103471.jpg

Edit: Just updated my sig to use png transparency :-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

Common enough in my experience, monitors will differ in how they display colours, especially light grays/off whites. My monitor here for instance, displays our web UI quite differently than other ones in the office - some light gray highlights on the background are invisible here, but show up pretty clearly on other folks' monitors.

Just depends on the monitor, and brightness/contrast settings can also make a difference.

Advertisement