Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make a sliding shelf

Options
  • 25-01-2010 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi everybody,
    I'm new to Dublin and boards,
    so maybe I'll ask a very stupid question, in case don't hate me too much :)
    I would like to add a sliding panel (something similar to a slide-out shelf) to a piece of furniture I have in my own
    room, so that when I pull it, I have a flat space to study and enough space
    between my legs and the drawers.
    I think it is very easy to make it and mount it, but I just don't know
    where to buy the material.
    What I need is Runners (are they called like this? are the "rails" where the panel has to slide) and a wood panel cut to the right size...
    Possibly I would like one of those runners such that the panel stops when it is extended and to push it back I simply have to lift a bit the panel and push.
    Can you give me some advices about where to buy these stuffs? Possibly in a not too expencive place and in city centre (but of course if you know any other place I won't have any problem to get a bus :))
    Thank you very much in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mossie110

if you go to b&q and buy a pair of kitchen draw runners and you can get a sheet of laminated chip board to the size you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 eroeurbano

thank you very much,
    I just have a question: where is a B&Q? I looked on the website but I have no idea where it is Thallaght or any other of these places...
    Thanks again by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mossie110

Liffey Valley Retail Park, Dublin
    bus Parliament St. (43 m) 37, 39, 39A, 39C, 70, 70A

Advertisement