Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Kenny talking about weather climate etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Is it as epic as the last climate battle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope this is a benign chat about things like North Atlantic Osscilation. The climategate and Himalya controversies mentioned en passent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I wish that prick Kenny would desist from interrupting the guest speaker in mid-sentence.
    You're a prick, Kenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Interesting,however i agreed and disagreed.oh the never ending debate continues......................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Playback of the chat is here. Click "Today with Pat Kenny" on the programme list, and the chat starts at 46:27.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭octo

hinault wrote: »
    I wish that prick Kenny would desist from interrupting the guest speaker in mid-sentence.
    You're a prick, Kenny.
    Yes well said. He just wants to show the world that, after reading a few populist climate sceptic books by Plimer and the like, he knows as much as this man who's worked in this area all his life. Like his degree in engineering gives him scientific authority on every subject. He spoke more than the guest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Just listened to it now. I agree with comments above, a disgraceful performance by Pat Kenny, did not let Ray Bates even finish one sentence. Obviously Pat Kenny knows a lot more than the interviewee :mad:

Anyway, in the slots where Ray Bates did get to speak, some interesting comments on the NAO and on solar cycles. He seems a little scepitcal on the whole solar influence on the climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Some interesting comments on the NAO and on solar cycles. He seems a little scepitcal on the whole solar influence on the climate.

Well he was never going to stick his neck out on that matter.

So much more time has to elapse and scientific data to record to see that our sun really does say whos the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Just listened to it now. I agree with comments above, a disgraceful performance by Pat Kenny, did not let Ray Bates even finish one sentence. Obviously Pat Kenny knows a lot more than the interviewee :mad:

Agreed. I'd love to hear more from this guy. He has an amazing C.V.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

yes, it seems Pat is tired of hosting his radio programme and looking to be a guest speaker on climate discussions from now on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement