Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking a broadband provider, experience & advice on how to get fees waived.

• 25-01-2010 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

iv recently taken out a new broadband bundle with eircom, i found the whole deciding process a bit annoying, ringing the different companies etc, looking for the hidden fees, comparing prices from the special offers. i wrote a little article about the whole thing. Some of you may find it helpful, its based in cork so i just stuck to the main landline providers.

Hope it helps

http://techfeen.com/broadband-in-ireland-how-to-waive-fees/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spaceman

Hi,

Im just about to upgrade my connection with eircom from its current 1mb to either 3mb or 7mb. I read your article and rang up eircom to try and get the connection a bit cheaper than they quote on their website. I quoted vodafone broadband prices and was as pleasant as possible lol but all I could get was "we dont set our prices they are set by comreg" yada yada.

Anyway ill try it again and hopefully get a better sales person next time. =)

If it wasnt for all this talk of vodafone being a bad connection I would have switched already.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

iknorr wrote: »

Few statements in that story that are very much open to debate and/or are actually incorrect and others that are infact down to personal view.

Not very subjective basically :)

Advertisement