Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help to recycle computer

Options
  • 25-01-2010 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys, I m moving off to school in January and my parents have this thing about me taking my computer with me . i figured, I have spent almost $1200 building and upgrading my computer,I am not just going to leave it for a semester .so i came to the conclusion: why not just use old parts that i have upgraded from and build a basic computer for my family. they basically only use it for internet and word processing. i have an amd athlon xp 1900+, and 80gb hard drive, a radeon 9000 pro, a spare cd rom drive, and a stick of 512 ram. these are all parts i have upgraded from, so they will go into the new computer. basically i need a cheap simple case with no window but good aesthetics (clean looking, preferably black). I can find a cheap psu and mobo and other misc cables, im just needing any ideas you have to make this project as cheap as possible.

thanks guys !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Moved from Green Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Here is a nice atx/m-atx case for €28.88

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Aside from issues with the age of the CPU (it might be able to run Firefox - just - but the antivirus, firewall, OS et al is another matter...) good luck finding a Socket A motherboard to put it in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Solitaire wrote: »
    Aside from issues with the age of the CPU (it might be able to run Firefox - just - but the antivirus, firewall, OS et al is another matter...) good luck finding a Socket A motherboard to put it in :o

I was thinking the same about finding a socket A mobo, but I had a quick look on pixmania.ie and they have one for sale. link

Advertisement