Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Strategy Thread

Options
  • 25-01-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Along the lines of Azza' matchup thread (Azza merge this if you think this is better off in the match up thread)

As if he knew someone was talking about him Maj has put together what I think is a fantastically detailed explanation on footsies.

Link

After reading I think, well I'm hoping I'll not be giving so many random ultras away... but I doubt it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Alex Valle has been doing some great tutorials on GYT.

He has an hour long tutorial on Bison and a few tutorials on game basics and advanced play.

http://www.justin.tv/search?section=highlights&q=%20Alex%20Valle%20Wednesday%20Night%20Fights%20Tutorial

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Along the lines of Azza' matchup thread (Azza merge this if you think this is better off in the match up thread)

As if he knew someone was talking about him Maj has put together what I think is a fantastically detailed explanation on footsies.

Link

After reading I think, well I'm hoping I'll not be giving so many random ultras away... but I doubt it :(
    That's some fantsatic reading Sagat, about half way through now. Thanks for posting it! In particular I think this one is something I could reallly work into my Honda mix up game, it's so genius, yet so obvious I don't know why I didn't think of it!
    Element 08: Shortly after succeeding with a typical tick-throw setup, repeat a similar sequence except step backward instead of executing the throw. If you catch your opponent’s tech attempt whiffing, respond with a damaging combo. The corner severely limits your opponent’s options for escaping throws, thereby forcing them to take greater risks. They’re certainly not going to walk out of your throw range, so they have to do something proactive to avoid dying to simple throw loops. Having nowhere to go also makes them an easy combo target when they get baited.

Advertisement