Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for travelling Europe in a campervan??

Options
  • 25-01-2010 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

A group of us (6 in total) would like to hire a camper van and travel to Europe for either 1 or 2 weeks.

None of us have any experience with this kind of trip and I was hoping some of you seasoned pros could help us with our planning.

We intend to hire a campervan in Dublin, get the ferry to the UK and drive into France.

Planning which countries to visit is obviously very important before we set off, ensuring we don't end up over the other side of the world at the end of the 2 weeks!

If any of you have made a similar trip I would love to hear what your itinerary was and the places you would recommend.

Also any tips you may have when it comes to planning and hiring a campervan.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Ferries off this island are very expensive. So is campervan hire.
    If i were you I would fly to somewhere on mainland Europe and then hire the camper.
    Are the six of you a family? If not you will need to be really good friends. It can be very confining living in a small space. Maybe consider bringing/hiring some camping equipment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dar_2000

Thanks for the advice. The 6 of us are friends! Good tip about flying into mainland Europe first, definitely something il look into

Advertisement