Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven Mortgage. are they good or bad?

• 25-01-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

has anyone any dealing with them . i know they are part of ebs. are they a sub prime lender and are they a good or bad to deal with in getting a mortgage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Andymfinancial

hi they are not subprime. It is EBS but they are named Haven if you go through a broker channel. They are as good as any of the banks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

my mortgage is with them, not had any problems..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

It's just an EBS mortgage at a slightly higher rate (probably to help to pay the brokers commission). You might as well go direct to EBS and get a better rate.(broker won't be able to deal with them direct).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Andymfinancial

one advanatge of dealing with a good broker is that every 3yrs or so they would review your mortgage and if they can get a better deal they would swap you over. It saves you having to do the research in the future. Most people in this country stay with the same lender whereas in the uk (which is broker driven) most people change their mortgage often to get the best deal. Also the broker should shop around every year for the mortgage protection and agian if he can get it cheaper he will swap you over. By dealing with a good broker you will have a competitive mortgage for 30yrs as opposed to a decent rate just for now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

one advanatge of dealing with a good broker is that .......

You are slightly biased though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

one advanatge of dealing with a good broker is that every 3yrs or so they would review your mortgage and if they can get a better deal they would swap you over. It saves you having to do the research in the future. Most people in this country stay with the same lender whereas in the uk (which is broker driven) most people change their mortgage often to get the best deal. Also the broker should shop around every year for the mortgage protection and agian if he can get it cheaper he will swap you over. By dealing with a good broker you will have a competitive mortgage for 30yrs as opposed to a decent rate just for now!

I concur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

My broker recently moved me over to Haven Mortgages as they have a very low interest rate and I go a 2K switcher bonus thingy.

I sent them an e-mail this morning asking for their BIC & IBAN and the reply I got was that they don't accept payments via EFT!!!!! I just find this crazy, that in this day and age, you have to send them a cheque or bank draft if you wish to make any sort of ad-hoc over payment.

I've never had a cheque book before and I'm honestly not even sure how to go about requesting a bank draft!

GRRR!

Yes, it's a lower rate - but seriously, no facility to accept an EFT (electronic funds transfer) is madness!

Annoyed Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Haven Mortgages Ltd are a subsidiary of AIB Bank as is EBS. Haven mortgages rates are lower than EBS. Haven mortgages are processed by Brokers. Haven Mortgages Ltd are excellent to deal with and are great for self build mortgages. You pay your mortgage monthly by direct debit.

I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Advertisement