Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florence & the Machine May 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I got 8 tickets. Ah the joys of having 2 credit cards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

BaZmO* wrote: »

How did you even get through?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

BaZmO* wrote: »

How???? Internet, phone or bricks and mortar?

Are yis mad!?! Didn't get a sniff!

quarryman is right, an awful lot of tickets go to MCD staff. Staff can prebook tickets for friends so that takes up quite a lot of the allocation, especially for high demand gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Half an hour of stress for nothing :(

Had both windows open at ten to 9. At 9 on the button started refreshing. I can touch type so can get the codes in really fast but still nothing. Can't believe it. I'm gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

this is a feckin joke. there is no way ticketmaster had any tickets available this morning. too many people with the same story as me who at a few seconds past 9 got no tickets available. if mcd have any common or financial sense they will reschedule and move to the O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 GaryNueman

www.getmein.com owned by ticketmaster

2 standing tickets

Ticket(s) subtotal: £ 164.35 (€ 190.00) Processing fees (inc 17.5% Vat): £ 28.96 (€ 33.49) Post & packaging: £ 5.08 (€ 5.88) Registered Post (Signature Required) Your total order is £ 198.39

(€ 229.36)

(Including post & packaging) If you have a GET ME IN! discount code please click here

i hate ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pretty massive queues outside ticketmaster in St Stephens Green, I'd say there were a lot of dissapointed people. I've a mate who works for MCD who got mine yesterday, I'd say there was lot of that

GaryNueman wrote: »

2 standing tickets

Ticket(s) subtotal: £ 164.35 (€ 190.00) Processing fees (inc 17.5% Vat): £ 28.96 (€ 33.49) Post & packaging: £ 5.08 (€ 5.88) Registered Post (Signature Required) Your total order is £ 198.39

(€ 229.36)

(Including post & packaging) If you have a GET ME IN! discount code please click here

i hate ticketmaster

Yeah I hate that ****e, its like ticketmaster endorsed scalping.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭clairey__Ox

Depressing much?
    did ANYONE get any this morning? I took the morning off school to get them,was ready since 8, refreshed at 9 ON THE DOT and zilch:(

Apparantly, they were already sold out? That GetMeIn thing is a joke, 9:01 and they were selling standing tickets for 189 quid!

I predict a lot of complaints...Joe Duffy anyone?

"Good afternoon to YOu...":D

I predict a lot of complaints...Joe Duffy anyone?
    Why?

It's simple ecomonics, supply and demand.

I wouldn't worry too much though. It's not like the old days where if you missed a band you'd have to wait another few years before seeing them again. They'll be back before the end of the year, guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

ttoppcat wrote: »
    "Good afternoon to YOu...":D

Thanks for making me laugh.

Another place to moan. http://forum.florenceandthemachine.net/p/700/4144.aspx#4144

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭clairey__Ox

well im off back to school..praying by the time i come home there will be a new date added..or at least justice being served! :P

And i think anyone who got them will be afraid to post in this thread no? xD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

2 standing tickets

(€ 229.36)

i hate ticketmaster

That is pretty **** :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

I queued for an hour to get some and they were gone. Sick is not the word. There are ****eheads selling them on ebay for 250 euro. I have already emailed joe duffy about it. Please do the same to highlight the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Somehow I just got 2 upper circle tickets just now for the first night but there doesn't seem to be any left when I checked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

She is playing Sat night in London - got them instead.....hometown gig for her ....Sat night in London , beat a Sun in the Olympia anytime...still tickets left there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ipnface

just bought 3 off ticketmaster now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

2 standing tickets

(€ 229.36)

i hate ticketmaster

I saw this, what a joke that they can set up there own scalping service.

I got put on hold, thought I was in the queue and then got told no tickets. got charged 3 quid for holding, what easy money for TM, i presume I wasn;t the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

My gorgeous bf just sorted us tickets for Sunday!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 pow222

This happened to me the last time so I registered for the Florence website pre sale and at 9am they were sold out... Why would they be put on sale before the designated time?

Also tried this morning and same as everyone else.... was thee from 850 as were 2 friends and nothing...

I smell a rat...

I hope ticketmaster gets swine flu

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

I missed tickets in the presale so I was on ticketmaster from 8 this morning and I still missed tickets for both dates.
    I went back on ticketmaster about 10 minutes ago and managed to get myself two tickets, I entered all my details and then got told there was an "error" and didnt get them:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

I am in no way gloating, but I got 4 without a problem this morning. Reason being, I went straight for the 2nd night - I've found that this tends to work for the more popular gigs, as most people want to go first night.

Some food for thought for the next big gig - although I agree with all the posts re: moving it to the O2, I wouldnt feel in the least bit begrudging. She should be enjoyed by as many people as possible.. - jaysis, that sounds strangely sexual.

Rabbitheart, thats horrible, you must have been gutted:(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

Pretty much, yeah. I'm still praying to the ticketmaster gods that the transaction went through:p
    Its ridiculous how fast they sold out. Thats three dates I've missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I missed tickets in the presale so I was on ticketmaster from 8 this morning and I still missed tickets for both dates.
    I went back on ticketmaster about 10 minutes ago and managed to get myself two tickets, I entered all my details and then got told there was an "error" and didnt get them:mad:

That almost happened to me. It wouldn't accept my credit card at first so I re-entered it and the transaction went through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 pow222

I wonder how many tickets were actually sold on Ticketmaster this morning and how many were siphoned away...

MCD are a load of see you next tuesdays

Advertisement