Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florence & the Machine May 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I am in no way gloating, but I got 4 without a problem this morning. Reason being, I went straight for the 2nd night - I've found that this tends to work for the more popular gigs, as most people want to go first night.

Some food for thought for the next big gig

I had several people in work logged onto ticketmaster to get tickets for the second night. I was thinking the same thing. Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭laoise09

i managed to get 2 tickets at 9 am this morning but went for the monday night cos i thought it would be easier than getting tickets for sunday. my friend managed to get 4 presale tickets cos she registered on the Florence & the Machine website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

8 pc's between a group of us since 8.30 and nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

if its sold out then why can you still click "find tickets" but be greated with "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available" ???? :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

viperlogic wrote: »
    if its sold out then why can you still click "find tickets" but be greated with "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available" ???? :mad::mad::mad:
    Because Ticketmaster are retards.

It really does my head in they way that happens. How difficult would it be for them to just stick a "sold out" icon on events that are actually sold out?! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Heard that only the first three people in the queue in St Stephen's Green got tickets - the queue went out the door and all the way down to Synotts.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

Started the queue at Ticketmaster @ 7.15 this morning. I was the only one in the queue to get tickets. Bit of a joke for everyone else.

Is there a reason she's not playing a bigger venue??

niamh86 wrote: »
    Is there a reason she's not playing a bigger venue??
    I'd imagine it's down to availability and tour dates. They probably thought 2 dates in a smaller venue before she plays Oxegen would be enough. And the hype surrounding tickets selling out in 2 mins would be good for promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Because Ticketmaster are retards.

It really does my head in they way that happens. How difficult would it be for them to just stick a "sold out" icon on events that are actually sold out?! :rolleyes:

Usually means there are reserved tickets for wheelchairs and similar still available but they require going through special channels to obtain (the sort that prove you need them in case anyone is getting their hopes up).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I went on the site this morning at 8.30 played around looking at stuff and come 8.58 i just kept refreshing the browser on the page for the two dates. Bang right at 9am i went in for Sundays date and got 4 tickets ground seats. i checked back after i went threw all details at 9.05 two nights both sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Well f*ck it anyway! Missed her last gig aswell.

Mr.S wrote: »
    2600 total tickets over both nights

600 presale tickets already gone = 2000tickets left

Add in promo and competition give away tickets and thats about 100 tickets gone.

Add in 500 tickets (at least) for MCD friends and family.

So less then 1500 tickets left this morning.

Lungs peaked at Number 2 in the Irish charts, singles all over the charts etc So obviously more then 2000 people who'd want tickets to see them.

So not really that surprising that it sold out so quickly.
    fyp ;)

You will get tickets for any gig over here if u either go check out the offical or fan site of the band and get the presale tickets. Or get on ticketmaster.ie bang on least 20 mintues before goes onsale then on the ticket page 2 or 3 minutes before go onsale keep refreshing your browser and click to buy tickets the second they come online.
    Works for me every time for any gig i ever went to big or small.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

DAMN! Missed every single Florence performance so far! Missed Oxegen cos my friend got sick and she had to go home, I knew I should have ditched her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

You will get tickets for any gig over here if u either go check out the offical or fan site of the band and get the presale tickets. Or get on ticketmaster.ie bang on least 20 mintues before goes onsale then on the ticket page 2 or 3 minutes before go onsale keep refreshing your browser and click to buy tickets the second they come online.
    Works for me every time for any gig i ever went to big or small.

thats what everyone did this morning. you were lucky. there is no way ticketmaster had 2000 tickets available this morning. its not possible when there are so many stories of people being at the site at 9:00 am and getting sold out before 9:01

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Even though I'm annoyed that I didn't get tickets, I'd still prefer to see a band like this in somewhere like the Olympia rather than the Point...

They'll be back again, like many other bands...

Lemegeton wrote: »
    thats what everyone did this morning. you were lucky. there is no way ticketmaster had 2000 tickets available this morning. its not possible when there are so many stories of people being at the site at 9:00 am and getting sold out before 9:01

I guess i just got there before others :-)

Ticketmaster are a shower of crooks...sold out in less than 10 seconds, no exaggeration there. I understand there was a phenomonal demand but that's ridiculous. 1000 tickets in 10 seconds? No way.

There's a seller in Limerick on ebay who's had tickets up since Tuesday...BEFORE the presale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭xochillixo

Even though I'm annoyed that I didn't get tickets, I'd still prefer to see a band like this in somewhere like the Olympia rather than the Point...

They'll be back again, like many other bands...

You're damn right, for the lucky few who got tickets (ME!) the olympia is a way better gig then the O2 its so much more intimate and personal.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

'bout time Dublin got a decent ~5K venue.

Yeah Grand Canal Theatre is only tiny bit bigger. Crowd is there, would be good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I reckon they will play Oxegen and/or an O2 gig by the end of the year, the band probably don't want to do arenas just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Woah! Just googled that, seems fairly cool! Wonder If it will show gigs?

edit: seems like it will:)

R. Kelly for over €60....can't go wrong:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

Why is it so hard to believe?

Its a small venue with huge, huge demand.

given it takes at least a minute for someone to actually go through the process on ticketmaster and purchase tickets it is technically impossible for 2000 tickets to go in 10 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Lemegeton wrote: »
    given it takes at least a minute for someone to actually go through the process on ticketmaster and purchase tickets it is technically impossible for 2000 tickets to go in 10 seconds
    Can easily be done in less than 10 seconds..Remember it only takes about 4 clicks to secure them, from there on takes longer to fill al your details if you dont have an account but your tickets are already secured.. Try it yourself on a Random Gig on ticketmaster>>Click Event>>Click Book Tickets>>Select Number of Tickets from DropDown Menu>>Type the 2 Words Shown and Click..Took 8 Seconds Just now. Its not a Conspiracy and people need to remember the demand that was there for these Gigs..Florence and the Machine are No1 in the Charts,One of the Biggest Buzz Bands out there at the Moment and these tickets were always going to be gone in Seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I think with the amount of people looking for tickets its down to luck really. I managed to get tickets for her this time but I got nothing for her gig in December or for the pixies when they played the olympia and I was on at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Somtimes tickets are held back for friends of the artists, record company, etc or for competitions. If these aren't taken up, they're released for general sale, usually without any announcement. That's why it's good to keep checking TM to see if tickets are available. Sometimes you might get lucky. However, I've found you're more likely to get tickets this way for O2 events rather than the Olympia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jighooligan

Was first in line getting tickets at Ticketmaster in Roscommon. By the time they had my 2 printed out the people behind me were told they had sold out! :D I do find it crazy though that at the very least a 3rd date hasnt been added!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

3rd date depends on the artist availability/willingness to work as well as the venues availability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

MCD just replied to my tweet about this, "dunno if that's gonna happen, but keep an eye on facebook an twitter for any news on it!"

Advertisement