Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florence & the Machine May 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

JJ wrote: »
    MCD just replied to my tweet about this, "dunno if that's gonna happen, but keep an eye on facebook an twitter for any news on it!"

what did you ask them? about another gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Yes, I asked them if there was gonna be a 3rd gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭thegeezer

Gotta say she has pissed me off now, luv her but when the fans can't get to see her that is sh**te (duh extra * what the **** is that all about ?). Anyways, the skinny is, when you were on the phone at 8.50 and yer told theres no way bro, well somethings wrong.

Ah well I will camp in Kate Nash's gee to get tcikets for hor

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

thegeezer wrote: »
    Gotta say she has pissed me off now, luv her but when the fans can't get to see her that is sh**te (duh extra * what the **** is that all about ?). Anyways, the skinny is, when you were on the phone at 8.50 and yer told theres no way bro, well somethings wrong.

Ah well I will camp in Kate Nash's gee to get tcikets for hor

You could argue that fans got up queued for tickets and are happy that they are going to see her and not talking gibberish on the internet. Obviously you can't book tickets at 8:50.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Cheers guys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Rosie_McRose

Has anyone got their tickets yet?

I bought tickets on the Florence fansite in the pre-sale for May and they haven't arrived yet. Am I stressing needlessly?
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Adamgelston

me too, , no arrival yet, , it did say they wont be posted till 2 weeks before the gig though , , i emailed them today outlining my worry, , i'll let ya know if i hear anything back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I got mine bout 2 or 3 weeks after they went onsale always get the tickets early from ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I got a ticket in the presale and a few in the public sale on ticketmaster. Ticketmaster tickets came weeks ago but no sign of the presale ticket yet.

I got mine ages ago but TM generally won't give you the time of day until it's 72 hours before the event. If you don't receive them by then, they usually cancel the old ones and arrange express delivery for a new set of tickets or arrange for you to pick them up at the box office.

• Advertisement

I got them in the pre-sale so they're sandbag tickets - not TM.
    I contacted sandbag who said they don't receive the tickets till 2 weeks before the event and they'll be posted that week. I got back to them saying I was worried about delivery time to Ireland and they just said they'll be sent express post so should arrive on time.
    Fingers crossed!!!!

Did anyone place a bid for this ???
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/auction/18004434C1663C50/1/?tm_link=edp_auction

115 Euro so far ends today at four madness nearly 5 times price of a normal ticket :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Hopefully the volcanic ash won't affect the delivery of the sandbag tickets!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Adamgelston

was thinking that myself, , , anyone's arrived yet?

HAHAHA that was mad
    I just went on for laugh at last minute and bidded 135euro on two tickets coming to nearly 300 euro.
    I would of maybe got them only for they asked for me security code on me card and i dunno it and didnt have time to get it hahaha :p ffs

Ah its cool lol i think fate saved my ass just there i already have 4 tickets for this gig and sure im gonna use money get stevie tickets instead :D

Well that was my excitement for the day!!!

I got my sandbag tickets on Friday *phew* volcanic ash free as well! ;)

I'd love to know how much those tickets went for in that auction!

I'd love to know how much those tickets went for in that auction!

As far as i know 125 min quanity was 2 so thats 250 euro.
    I missed a bid of 135 by a few seconds cause i forget my code for me card :p ffs glad though i already have tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Did your tickets come by registered post? I got a notice to say I have a letter in the sorting office, wondering if it's the tickets..

Yeah they were registered and had to be signed for. Luckily I was off work sick!

angerfist2009 - I thought it was a closed auction? So your €135 may not have got you the tickets. They may have say 10 sets, and the 10 highest bids get the tickets iykwim? Considering people are paying well over €200 on ebay for a pair of tickets I'd say they'd be bidding pretty damn high on these 'meet & greet' rip offs.

Yeah they were registered and had to be signed for. Luckily I was off work sick!

angerfist2009 - I thought it was a closed auction? So your €135 may not have got you the tickets. They may have say 10 sets, and the 10 highest bids get the tickets iykwim? Considering people are paying well over €200 on ebay for a pair of tickets I'd say they'd be bidding pretty damn high on these 'meet & greet' rip offs.

No idea be honest far as i could see by what they said on the site was the highest bidded overall got the amount of tickets they payed for.
    And money goes to teenage cancer fund or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CairoTango

The date on my ticketmaster-issued tickets says its on the 10th? Anyone else notice this?

Weird never noticed meself ill have to check when get home now!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

Just checked my ticketmaster tickets & it says Sun 02-May-10 on them.

As far as the Olympia roof is concerned, Florence raised it up last night. She was dancing around like a woman possessed, bouncing around, climbing up onto the speakers and jumping into the crowd. She also played a new song, which had its first live airing last night. She appropriately described it as relentless. The Olympia crowd were on their feet for most of the gig. I don't think I've ever heard a louder ovation at the end in that venue for any music act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

What time did she come on stage at? I'm heading in to tonight's show but think i might be cutting it a bit close time-wise...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

Think she came on around 9.10.

Best gig of the year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I wouldn't go that far but she's a very good performer and was totally feeding off the crowd.

She was class Sunday night i loved it great gig she sounds better live then does on radio which is rare now a days lol just a pitty u could hear more screaming from the crowd alot the time then anything ha

Luckly i was right at front and being 6ft3 had a great view :p

Would love to be there now !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw8JU2X2pgo

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Seen Florence on Sunday night,

Absolutely incredible show and a great atmosphere,
    Probably the loudest crowd I've ever heard, sometimes they even out powered Florence, The new tune "Strangness and Charm" sounded incredible!!
    Great set list, 16 songs in total!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnOa9sbDHQQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Hoping to see her tomoro night in Edinburgh. My amazing GF booked Thursday flights and gig after I missed the Olympia gig ticket sale at 9.00.11am. (insert ticketmaster bile here)
    Looks like the ash cloud might stop the planes so I've just booked a "rail-sail" dublin port - holyhead - edinburgh.
    Can't wait for this gig!!

Just had a thought, be sickened if she was stuck in Dublin herself and decided to play another gig here instead!:eek:

Great to hear she was class here in Dublin.

Advertisement