Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Go setup query

Options
  • 25-01-2010 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about getting a PSP Go in the US later this year. I'm not looking for a discussion on the pros and cons of the device though.

I would like to know how it is initially setup. If I buy it in the US I won't have access to my laptop to install the GO Media software and I won't really have access to the PSN Store. Does the PSP Go come with any games installed?

Will I be left with a useless device until I can get it home and set it up with the laptop and software?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

In the US it comes pre-installed with the demo for Patapon 2 - and that's about it I'm afraid. So it'll be useless until you can get onto the PSN store. Unless you can find a wifi access point somewhere, even a McDonalds or Starbucks would do, you'd be able to download some games. Keep to the smaller ones though as the wifi connection on the PSP is abysmal, about 0.1MB/sec or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sure I'll have wifi in one of the places we are staying. I might check out some of the games in the Minis range.

Advertisement