Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to open a Showerforce 1500XT shower

• 25-01-2010 1:53pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure my shower unit has a small leak, I have a damp problem in the bathroom and at first I thought it was just the seal around the bath.

So during the weekend I stripped off the seal and resealed it and all looks fine there, however I noticed that drops of water keep dripping off the bottom of the shower unit casing.

These keep dripping even though I've had the shower off for two days and have tried everything off.

Anyway I tried opening the shower, it has one screw underneath the blue NewTeam bit of plastic but for the life of me I can't get the casing off.

Anyone have any ideas?

shower.jpg

Its the same unit as here http://www.newteamshowers.com/ntpages/sfn1500XT

[EDIT]
    Actually looks like I found what I needed
    http://www.newteam.co.uk/projects/cnew001/web/PID.nsf/webresources/404-0126.PDF/$File/404_0126.HTM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Are you sure the hose is not leaking back up ie the washer in the hose.

KMT wholesale in kilkenny is the showerforce agents if you need advice before strippiing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Are you sure the hose is not leaking back up ie the washer in the hose..

Nope def not water coming back up the hose as I had it disconnected while resealing,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Cabaal wrote: »
    Nope def not water coming back up the hose as I had it disconnected while resealing,

Fitting them years honestly never heard of it. Try kmt if you had no luck. Michael will help you, Let me know how you get on i will phone a friend if you have no luck.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fitting them years honestly never heard of it. Try kmt if you had no luck. Michael will help you, Let me know how you get on i will phone a friend if you have no luck.

I'm thinking it could be something very simple like something not been tighten enough, least I'm hoping thats the issue,

Just going to take the cover off to see if I can see where it might be coming from, won't be taking whole thing apart :)

Thanks for the help, I'll keep you posted on what the outcome is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

If you've taken out all visual screws and casing still wont come off, its either locked into place or fixed with some concealed screws. I don't recall fitting a showerforce, from the look of temperature dial, you could have a fixing behind dial (remove dial).

With everything plastic, go easy don't use any force at all, unless you want things cracking.

Its unusual for showers to leak internally, once connected up for first time and commissioned into use any weakness will be exposed their and then, leaking pipes, faulty seals etc. Not saying their is no leak inside, its rare enough.

Could be possible shower unit itself is taking in water during a shower and slowly letting water back out, it might not be anywhere near electrical side, just a thought.

If your stuck, do as Joey says, ring the distributors.

• Advertisement

right as per my first post I found the manual online and opened the unit,

There's def a leak inside the unit itself and its not water getting into the shower unit; it looks like somethings wrong with the hot water/cold water intake section just before the mixer control.

You can see it dripping down from the screw on the right handside of the mixer control onto the top of the housing for the motor it then drips down on either side of the motor housing and onto the bottom of the shower unit (you can see the watermarks)

I'm pretty concerned about the water getting into the motor unit right about now

From what I can see there must be a very slight crack or breach in the small housing that the cold and hot water supply goes into before it hits the mixer control.

The only plus side of what I've found is I know that atleast the water is not a cause of my damp problem in my bathroom and the damp was only caused by the broken seal around the bath :) The downside is the water could kill the shower motor :(

shower2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 njmartindale

Hi Cabaal,

I have the same shower and the pump appears to have gone. Want to check there's nothing obvious before I get a new one but like you I can't open it.

Have got the screw under the manufacturer's label but what else needs to come off?

Thanks,

Nick

Advertisement