Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass Effect 2 Pre Order?

• 25-01-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone really thinks it's worth preordering this to avoid stock outage? I haven't seen a store out of stock of a game on lauch in a loooong time myself and thought it was uncommon but a gamestop staff member told me he thought it would.

Thanks,
    Belfry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Belfry wrote: »
    gamestop staff member told me he thought it would.

Yes gamestop probably will but all others will have plenty I suspect. Mind you some are doing exclusive armour and the like with pre-orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

calex71 wrote: »
    Yes gamestop probably will but all others will have plenty I suspect. Mind you some are doing exclusive armour and the like with pre-orders.

See here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055591942&page=8

where you can download all the exclusives for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The free downloads have been amended by Microsoft, dunno if peeps will be able to keep and use them (probably will).

As for pre-order, why not? The money used to pre-order comes of the total price and it guarantees a copy. ME2 has been the biggest release on 360 since Modern Warfare 2 so I think a lot of people are looking to get it.

Does anyone know if gamestop give the pre-order codes as you pre-order or when ya pick it up as they gave me zilch when I did a few weeks ago (before they put the ads saying ya get free stuff up)??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    The free downloads have been amended by Microsoft, dunno if peeps will be able to keep and use them (probably will).

As for pre-order, why not? The money used to pre-order comes of the total price and it guarantees a copy. ME2 has been the biggest release on 360 since Modern Warfare 2 so I think a lot of people are looking to get it.

Does anyone know if gamestop give the pre-order codes as you pre-order or when ya pick it up as they gave me zilch when I did a few weeks ago (before they put the ads saying ya get free stuff up)??

When I booked mine last week in GS, I didn't get any codes. They'll prob come inside the packaging or with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I have pre-ordered the Collectors Edition in Gamestop.

Regular versions of big releases will never sell out. Not ever!!! So only pre-order if you want a special edition or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,226 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'm just gonna hope I can pick one up on launch day. Will be heading to HMV and Game, if no luck there i'll have to hope GameStop or XtraVision can sort me out.

Can't be bothered driving in to pre-order and I have no reason to be near the shops before friday. yes, very lazy but oh well.

Advertisement