Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl XLIV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

So I am guessing just the one TD in 30mins is pretty poor ?

Either this Saints QB is poor or the Colts D is good - which is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

good rhythm being generated now by Brees.

So your watching Sky now instead to avoid this :p

an additional point being if its the highlight of your sporting year then you wouldnt care about the little things instead be more interested in worrying about the game itself. Just saying is all......

Disagree give me Carlson & Rod Woodson explaining the game any day over Cadle & whoever they're guest is at the moment ;)

Have to say also Alex Smith is quite good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

fintonie wrote: »
    i would say colts choked in the last 2 mins, saints defence looking like there starting to fire on all cylinders,

id say thats pretty wide of the mark. your on your 1 yard line 100% of OC's will call run to give your QB some room, second down could have called pass but i think the run is the right call. 3rd down good defensive play again your going to call the run.

I wouldnt say they choked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Jesus lads, there's been as much talk about the commentators as there has the game.

Build a fcuking bridge :rolleyes:

redout wrote: »
    So I am guessing just the one TD in 30mins is pretty poor ?

Either this Saints QB is poor or the Colts D is good - which is it ?

depends if your a defensive or offensive guy ;) Brees hasnt been poor the Colts D have been good

• Advertisement

D3PO wrote: »
    id say thats pretty wide of the mark. your on your 1 yard line 100% of OC's will call run to give your QB some room, second down could have called pass but i think the run is the right call. 3rd down good defensive play again your going to call the run.

I wouldnt say they choked

agree with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

its the Superbowl no team wants to lose, I think it will go to late in the last quarter and im leaning towards the saints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Brees has improved though as the game's gone on. Question is can he carry on the momentum in the second half. Problem is, Colts are receiving.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

s11.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

davyjose wrote: »
    Jesus lads, there's been as much talk about the commentators as there has the game.

Not been much to talk about in relation to the game unfortunately. I realise your hopelessly emotionally invested in this so haven't noticed but just saying.

• Advertisement

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Brees has improved though as the game's gone on. Question is can he carry on the momentum in the second half. Problem is, Colts are receiving.

exactly if the Colts march up field and score 7 on the first drive of the second half I cant see the Saints winning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭walt colman

John mac wrote: »
    If you have sky ,you can add it .

But, afaik, even if I ad it I can't record (Sunday Night Football)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Looks like Manning and the Colts will regain all the momentum from the Saints in the second, unless something big happens. The Saints need to keep the Colts to another punt and let Brees fire some in there, they've been pretty good on their last two drives. Need a TD though.

No ya can't sky plus off channel 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Except the 'Choose Audio' red button option blocks the game clock - which is kind of crucial in an NFL game.

Just press "back up".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Saints D woke up in the 2nd quarter, but if Manning does his usual trick of figuring out the D during halftime, the Colts can pull away in the 2nd half. I hope they won't though, as a neutral I'm rooting for the underdog.

J.

P.S. God I hate the halftime show, it's always a mega mix of about 5 songs, 1 verse and chorus of each, of some band that only has 2 of its original members. Nice light show though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

bobby wade wrote: »
    Disagree give me Carlson & Rod Woodson explaining the game any day over Cadle & whoever they're guest is at the moment ;)

Have to say also Alex Smith is quite good

Agreed Carlson is excellent but out of a stand for loyalty and dues for Sky ill stick with them. If BBC start showing NFl regularly then ild have no problem giving them a chance.
    davyjose wrote: »

irony noted.

Daltrey better start actually singing, what a messy performance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Also, kick ass lasers and lights. Just a pity about the music.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Half-time music for my Da's generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I personnally think it was a very good call by the Saints to go for it on the 4th down. much rather be 10-3 than 17-6 as I have no doubt Manning would have gone down the field. They just got lucky that they got to score another FG :D This game is finely poised. Going with 26-20 Colts at the end of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

The stage is better than the performance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭John mac

I record it on to the pc.:)

When did ch4 first do the superbowl? I remember XXIII .

Who are good.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Loving the amount of newbies in the AF Forum tonight too! Great to see, I raise my beer to you all. Hopefully you all enjoy the second half, which the past couple of years has been the better of the halfs ;)

Hopefully yous get hooked and comeback next September for the start of the next regular seasom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Looks like Manning and the Colts will regain all the momentum from the Saints in the second, unless something big happens. The Saints need to keep the Colts to another punt and let Brees fire some in there, they've been pretty good on their last two drives. Need a TD though.

I think saints had a much better 2nd quarter. Colts didn't do much the last 2 possessions and Peyton hasn't had a throw in ages.
    Things could be far worse for the saints considering that first quarter.

DBIreland wrote: »

Couldn't agree more...

J.

jasonb wrote: »
    Saints D woke up in the 2nd quarter, but if Manning does his usual trick of figuring out the D during halftime, the Colts can pull away in the 2nd half. ...

he doesnt really have to figure out much tbh. they only stoped 2 drives once thanks to a dropped sitter the other when the colts were backed up inside their 1 and inside 2 mins

not really much needed in the way of adjustments for manning id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

John mac wrote: »

Who are good.!

I assume your not talking about The Who? As in the ones doign the half time show because it's cack. Sounds dreadfull.

If I paid in to one of their gigs and had to listen to that for 90 mins I'd be very pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

fs lads I was just on me way to the leaba, starting work at 6 so need to be up at 5,

went to get me phone for the alarm and there is a missed call (I had it charging and on silent)

listened to the message that was left, I was told I could take tomorrow off they got cover

now I got no beer in fs

ill just have to bust open me we stash of wine whooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo

cooker3 wrote: »
    I think saints had a much better 2nd quarter. Colts didn't do much the last 2 possessions and Peyton hasn't had a throw in ages.
    Things could be far worse for the saints considering that first quarter.

That's the key. With how well the Colts played, they're only 4 points up. That's encouraging for the Saints. But they're gonna need to score a TD at some stage, FGs won't cut it...

J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

DBIreland wrote: »

Don't think any band would put on better performance than that stage...crazy good.

Game is good so far, hoping the underdogs win it(Saints). Hopefully more excitement coming up!

Advertisement