Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl XLIV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

davyjose wrote: »
    Sleep all day Sunday, and stay up.

Ye the Bowl finishes at like 4 to half 4 so you may as well stay up. Get up at like 9 or 10 that night. It'll **** your sleeping pattern up but is so worth it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

How long do the half time shows be on for again? I've usually been too drunk at that stage to notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I've school at 9am but I'm still staying up.

Fúck the LC, it's the damn Super Bowl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Straight session form the start of Chelsea/Arsenal till the end of the Bowl.

I've already e-mailed my demonstrator for my lab on Monday morning with my code that has to be submitted and told him I won't be making it... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I'm not back in work til wednesday evening - fcuk yis all :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

This video about the Superbowl caught my eye, its not very funny or entertaining, the music sucks and is annoying...but for some reason i cant stop watching it and feel like i have to share it with ye guys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Hello to the American Football forum :)

Just saw that BBC are carrying the game, so I might watch it to see what the craic is with this strange game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Are you not in New Jersey?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kelleyt2001

Saints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Any chance we can get the poll reopened. Its closed far too early.

We are still uncertain if Dwight Freeney and Jeraud Powers will play, and Reggie Wayne looks likely but not certain either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Never mind the game... The Who!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The who?

Go Saints! Time for a new name on Vince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

The Who, a rock band, are playing during the half time show:P

The old lads they keep picking to play the Superbowl is getting ridiculous. I would have though Townsend would have been of limit for the NFL who are scared ****less about any controversy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Anyone know who's in the BBC studio this year? It was Rod Woodson last year if I'm not mistaken

Anyone know who's in the BBC studio this year? It was Rod Woodson last year if I'm not mistaken

Alex Smith, Woodson and Mike Carlson. Jake Humphreys to present.

EDIT, Carlson, Smith and Humphreys are in London. Woodson is in Miami with some guy called Matt Roberts. BBC couldnt afford 3 plane tickets this year!

Cheers mate. Is that 9'ers QB Alex Smith btw?

Cheers mate. Is that 9'ers QB Alex Smith btw?

Yep! Promoting the London game I'd guess. More glamourous than Kyle Orton I suppose!

and beats the hell out of skys weekly guests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

My Heart is with the Saints but my brain is with the Colts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

My Heart is with the Saints but my brain is with the Colts.

Exact same as me.

I'd love to see Brees lead the Saints to the Superbowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If Freeney plays, and plays to his potential I can see the Colts winning.

If Freeney doesn't play, well then it's completely up to Peyton to keep up with the Saints scoring, I'm really looking forward to tonight. Head's going to be sore in the morning! :D

Ah I don't think the Colts D can come down to Freeney being able to play to his full potential!! Yes it will be a loss if he can't perform fully.....but won't be a huge disaster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Darren Sharper for MVP. Saints by 4.

The half-time show is for peeing, putting on the kettle, sorting out the snack situation and making sure enough bottles are chilled for the second half. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Pherekydes wrote: »
    The half-time show is for peeing, putting on the kettle, sorting out the snack situation and making sure enough bottles are chilled for the second half. :D
    The Who?

Anyone know if Addai shook off that shoulder injury?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone know if Addai shook off that shoulder injury?
    "Joseph Addai (shoulder) is listed as "probable" for the Super Bowl.
    Addai has missed time in the Colts' two playoff wins, but he's practicing this week. With the extra week off, he should be as healthy as he's been in weeks."
    Source: ESPN.com

Well he's participated all week, and I'm sure if it's still bothersome there'll be a few injections before hand!

Cheers lads. He's vital for the Colts... after Manning imo. I'm sure a massage or two and he'll be right as rain.

• Advertisement

Can see Donald Brown taking a few carries that could be crucial to getting the running game going!

Advertisement