Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl XLIV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Wake up!! Come on Brees!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Skys coverage has really regressed. They used to have interactive with 3 or 4 different commentaries. Don't even have interactive anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Can't see anyone but the Colts win this. Love it!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

cooker3 wrote: »
    Skys coverage has really regressed. They used to have interactive with 3 or 4 different commentaries. Don't even have interactive anymore!

nobody watched it and it cost a fair bit of money. I'm happy with it tbh, you get pretty much what you would get in the states with skys people filling in a lot of the ad breaks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The Saints look like they've warmed up on this drive! Will it last?

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    nobody watched it and it cost a fair bit of money. I'm happy with it tbh, you get pretty much what you would get in the states with skys people filling in a lot of the ad breaks.

But with Sky you get Cadle and he's the worst anchor of any show ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Freeney. Fcuking Legend!

Much better from the saints. They could have done with 7 but hopefully Brees has warmed up now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

FG Saints. 10-3 colts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Big Kev is a legend, I'll have no bad words said about him.

• Advertisement

Big Kev is a legend, I'll have no bad words said about him.

Yeah. I agree. Why the hate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Saints have to force a punt from the Colts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

Originally Posted by copacetic viewpost.gif
    nobody watched it and it cost a fair bit of money. I'm happy with it tbh, you get pretty much what you would get in the states with skys people filling in a lot of the ad breaks

Just like the good old days on Channel 4 and Gary Imlach. Brings back the memories

Addai is having a stormer.

3 and out.
    That's what I'm talking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭walt colman

I thing this may be the last year. No red-button feeds, less trans-Atlantic guests and no Monday night games. I think, with the demise of NFL Europe, the powers that be may have decided to change to a new tv option (a combination of NFL Europe and maybe some free to air channel?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

hear that? thats the momentum shifting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Fr Tierney wrote: »
    Originally Posted by copacetic viewpost.gif
    nobody watched it and it cost a fair bit of money. I'm happy with it tbh, you get pretty much what you would get in the states with skys people filling in a lot of the ad breaks

Just like the good old days on Channel 4 and Gary Imlach. Brings back the memories

Used to love the C4 coverage, the C4 logo turning into an American Football helmet and them using 'Two Tribes' for the roundup of the week's scores... :)

J.

Yeah. I agree. Why the hate!

For NFL it seems like every line he speaks is fluffed in some way, he's not a football man anywho - should stick with Basketball no?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Garcon @13/1 for first TD :D

• Advertisement

For NFL it seems like every line he speaks is fluffed in some way, he's not a football man anywho - should stick with Basketball no?

watch the BBC much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Punch it home now...

bobby wade wrote: »

Except the 'Choose Audio' red button option blocks the game clock - which is kind of crucial in an NFL game.

I pressed back-up on the sky control & it's gone

I pressed back-up on the sky control & it's gone

Nice tip. Thanks.

But he is a coach of a successful sports team. Yeah I know english basketball is not all that, but he not just some generic presenter who drew the short straw. He is an actual sports guy who went into presenting. I much prefer that.

Go for it imo

But he is a coach of a successful sports team. Yeah I know english basketball is not all that, but he not just some generic presenter who drew the short straw. He is an actual sports guy who went into presenting. I much prefer that.

Valid point but they could do better is all I'm saying

My last comment on Sky coverage.....Is Cecil Martin a real life Tracy Jordan?

My guess - they take the 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

WTF is up with Cecil's mic? or is he chewing on some gum!!

Turn-coat! they dont give a **** about NFL, its just a ratings boost for them and nothing else. Stick to Sky and maybe they will try get the powers-that-be to increase coverage to pre-years coverage.

Advertisement