Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl XLIV

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

3 would be conservative...will they be? Whoa.. they went for it on 4th and choaked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭walt colman

Crap - again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Huuuge stop by the Colts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

evil_seed wrote: »
    hear that? thats the momentum shifting

Listen again!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

that could be the defining moment just there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

anyone watching in HD ?

the difference is stunning.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

wow, quality speed to the line there by the colts. big call to go for it, big play to keep them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

WTF is up with Cecil's mic? or is he chewing on some gum!!

Turn-coat! they dont give a **** about NFL, its just a ratings boost for them and nothing else. Stick to Sky and maybe they will try get the powers-that-be to increase coverage to pre-years coverage.

Turncoat?? Given another option I've never watched the Superbowl on Sky.

I'm not having the highlight of my sporting year ruined by poor presenting & awful guests

Great stand by Colts

Having check out both I would say stick with sky if you are a regular NFL viewer, go to the BBC it you only watch once a year for the superbowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Valid point but they could do better is all I'm saying

My last comment on Sky coverage.....Is Cecil Martin a real life Tracy Jordan?

Kev's knowledge of the game has really improved over the last few years though and he can bring up some good point that some other presenters who don't know the game couldn't. Cecil Martin is awful though, can't believe he has last this long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

redout wrote: »
    anyone watching in HD ?

Yep, HD really makes a difference with Sports...

J.

jeff Reinholt (sp?) >> than anyone

jasonb wrote: »
    Yep, HD really makes a difference with Sports...

J.

I'd love to get that, but no way am I wasting 15 a month on it. I await when they abolish that and I'll buy the box instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭John mac

Having check out both I would say stick with sky if you are a regular NFL viewer, go to the BBC it you only watch once a year for the superbowl.

what about CH5 ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

redout wrote: »
    anyone watching in HD ?

Indeed! Awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

they are going to have to do something with Bush's cleats, he has slipped at least 3 times so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

cooker3 wrote: »
    I'd love to get that, but no way am I wasting 15 a month on it. I await when they abolish that and I'll buy the box instantly.

It's good for movies as well, but Sports is the big difference. Well, it is for me as I watch a fair bits of sports!

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

after starting with a press coverage the colts have gone very soft in coverage in the second quarter. i dont know why as they were having plenty of success :confused:

John mac wrote: »
    what about CH5 ?

I don't get CH5 :-(

DBIreland wrote: »
    they are going to have to do something with Bush's cleats, he has slipped at least 3 times so far
    Methinks it's more than cleats.... I wonder if his knee injury is still troubling him?

• Advertisement

they get the 3 back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

10-6 halftime

FG Saints... 10-6 colts. It looks like we have a Super Bowl game!

Pretty dull first half tbh which is a shame with all the n00bs watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

i would say colts choked in the last 2 mins, saints defence looking like there starting to fire on all cylinders,

if they continue to close out colts it could be lights out,

its interesting to see it did not faze the saints going behind, the second half should be a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

good rhythm being generated now by Brees.
    bobby wade wrote: »
    I'm not having the highlight of my sporting year ruined by poor presenting & awful guests
    So your watching Sky now instead to avoid this :p

an additional point being if its the highlight of your sporting year then you wouldnt care about the little things instead be more interested in worrying about the game itself. Just saying is all......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

cooker3 wrote: »
    Pretty dull first half tbh which is a shame with all the n00bs watching.

+1, first time watching an american football game. Hopefully the second half will get me hooked to it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭John mac

I don't get CH5 :-(

If you have sky ,you can add it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Dramatic Hamster just made an appearance one of the better Superbowl Ads.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

+1, first time watching an american football game. Hopefully the second half will get me hooked to it :D

Words of hope. The last 2 superbowls started very slowly and turned out to be epic!

Advertisement