Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Primer

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I have heard good things about the Eyeslipsface Studio Mineral infused Face primer. http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~176.htm Unfortunately its out of stock at the moment (and another few things that I am interested in are also out of stock:() Has anyone used this or any of the other ELF products?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

lindtee wrote: »
    I have heard good things about the Eyeslipsface Studio Mineral infused Face primer. http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~176.htm Unfortunately its out of stock at the moment (and another few things that I am interested in are also out of stock:() Has anyone used this or any of the other ELF products?

I've used loads of elf products. Never had a problem. Quite good quality for what you're paying. Haven't tried the primer though, sorry :)

I've used loads of elf products. Never had a problem. Quite good quality for what you're paying. Haven't tried the primer though, sorry :)

Thanks:) I guess it will be just a waiting game for them to get the products I want back in:rolleyes: Going to check is there some sort of email alert for when they do get them. Cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Do you have to put the primer on a while before your make up to let it soak in or anything? Do they usually have some SPF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

sillymoo wrote: »
    I am also considering the smashbox photo finish primer after reading all the great reviews of it however I was informed in Harvey Nicks yesterday that it is €38!!!! :(

After reading this thread I took advantage of buying it on Aer Lingus flight today for €24. As it's only 30ml, I don't want to use it for everyday situations so shall report on a night out.

Also got an Urban Decay eyeshadow palette of 8 shades with a free bottle of primer!

After reading this thread I took advantage of buying it on Aer Lingus flight today for €24. As it's only 30ml, I don't want to use it for everyday situations so shall report on a night out.

Also got an Urban Decay eyeshadow palette of 8 shades with a free bottle of primer!

How much was the palette? I LOVE their eye-primer! Unreal how good it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

After reading this thread I took advantage of buying it on Aer Lingus flight today for 24. As it's only 30ml, I don't want to use it for everyday situations so shall report on a night out.

Goodness that's brilliant!

How much was the palette? I LOVE their eye-primer! Unreal how good it is!

The palette was €20 presumably saving €18 compared to RRP in Ireland. It's only a little bottle of primer but still good nonetheless. Sustainable Shadow Box - CLICK

301.jpg

I also got this....24/7 Super Stash - CLICK for €18.

331.jpg

Got myself a bargain I think! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I got Inglot primer yesterday - I love it :D

I used to use the Benefit one but this is my new best friend, it was only €18 and its in a tube :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

They have Smashbox at pretty good prices on this US site: http://www.allcosmeticswholesale.com/face1.html .I found out about the site here on boards.ie and there were positive reviews. I looked around online and the reviews of the site generally are also positive and seem to say that they sell the real deal rather than fakes.
    I just bought a full size bottle of photofinish smashbox primer for €22.79 inc shipping there so I hope they're to be trusted! I'll report back when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kaydence

Hiya where can you get this?can you buy it in any chemist?
    I always wanted to try primer cos my make-up is gone half-way through the night!
    I got mine in boots,I'd imagine they still sell it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I'm reporting live from dublin airport where I just bought the smashbox photofinish primer for 24 and its 30ml so no prob with handluggage :)

Just to let anyone else know, who might be interested in trying the ELF primer, that its back in stock at last. http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~176.htm. The following code THEBIG30KUK brings the p&p down to £1 to europe and apparently you get a free trio of lip glosses as well (with the code) although they didn't show up in my basket so might only be a uk thing:(

83401_a_deptImg.jpg

I also ordered the mineral foundation, waterproof mascara, a makeup brush, eye shadow....I think thats it-came to £17 in total

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 moiragannaire

I swear by smashbox photo finish as well, if you know anyone going to USA Sephora are selling a squeezy tube of it now, double the size of the glass one which is 30ml, for $49 really good value it lasts for ages. Not sure if they ship here or not.

I got the smashbox one on a flight on Sunday. Got it for €17 because there was 30% off everything for valentines day, so happy with it. It's really gorgeous.

• Advertisement

Tried out this primer thing, the Smashbox one was the one I used. Noticed a small difference, make up went on smoother, and there wasn't any patches, didn't have to reapply all night. Lasted me good anyhoo.

The eye primer (Urban Decay) is AMAZING!!! My eyes looked exactly the same as they did when I went out! Definitely buying me more of this stuff!!!

What's Benefit eye primer like? Oh and did anyone try the Loreal face primer yet???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Bought the L'oreal primer there Saturday and used it Sat night. Very similar feel and texture to the Smashbox one,and the make-up lasted great but only 10 euro (there's a special on in Boots at the moment :) ) so was very happy overall with it. That said today I have a massive spot on my jawline. I don't normally get spots, but have changed a few cosmetic things recently, this being one of them, so will update after my process of eliminations done and let you know how it goes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I got the Inglot one a few weeks back think it was about €18 and it is great, I love it.

I used to use the Benefit one which I loved at the start but felt it dried my skin out after a while, this one is so soft on my skin. :D

Got the ELF primer earlier this week and its lovely:) Makes my skin lovely and smooth before I put my makeup on. Recommended.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

lindtee wrote: »
    The following code THEBIG30KUK brings the p&p down to £1 to europe and apparently you get a free trio of lip glosses as well (with the code) although they didn't show up in my basket so might only be a uk thing:(

Pretty OT, but I think if you had used EU at the end instead of UK, the discount would've been applied.

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    Pretty OT, but I think if you had used EU at the end instead of UK, the discount would've been applied.

If I had used the EU code shipping would have been free:( Still £1 wasn't too bad when I'd been waiting for the primer to come back into stock for ages. Was only told afterwards about the Facebook group which has all the up to date codes. Did get the free lip glosses though:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Gosh ~ Velvet touch foundation primer is half price in Sam Mccauleys.

Was €18.99 now €9.49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Whats the difference between primer and colour corrector? Like the green stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Tried the pennys one, not half bad for 3.50!!:D

Advertisement