Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can i quiten an art can

• 25-01-2010 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

hi

i have an art can on the bike.nice and loud.but i find after awhile driving
    it just gets annoying.is there anyway of toneing it down abit.maybe a
    small insert.

cheers.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

is there a baffel in it?

You can get an aftermarket db limiter - many lads get them for doing track days...

But tbh, you'd be better off leaving it, the louder you are the more cars will notice you IMO... set of ear plugs will do the trick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Listen to an MP3 player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

nedned wrote: »
    hi

i have an art can on the bike.nice and loud.but i find after awhile driving
    it just gets annoying.is there anyway of toneing it down abit.maybe a
    small insert.

cheers.....

loud bikes save lives

earplugs is what you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nedned

looks like its just open on the end.nothing inserted.i have some ear plugs.i find when im drivin it.at certain speeds it can sound quiter or louder depending on the speed.i dont the neighbours complain when i leave it to warm up in the mornings.me other bandit is so quite.it has the standard exhaust.

i used an mp3 player.many moons ago.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

looks like its just open on the end.nothing inserted.i have some ear plugs.i find when im drivin it.at certain speeds it can sound quiter or louder depending on the speed.i dont the neighbours complain when i leave it to warm up in the mornings.me other bandit is so quite.it has the standard exhaust.

i used an mp3 player.many moons ago.

Cheers

art cans are baffeled or non baffeled (i have one of each)

you can buy a baffel up north (they use them for the mot) but your bike will run rich if its on carbs and will need adgusting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nedned

cheers tigger.

i found some on ebay.they called db killer.only a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

cheers tigger.

i found some on ebay.they called db killer.only a tenner.

Pff, that's not a solution - this is a solution: I replaced my loud (104db rated) Art cans with quiet Akrapovic's (98db rated)...

made sense to me. :)

Advertisement