Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookery school (course) in Italy as a holiday?

Options
  • 25-01-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

Myself and The Missus were thinking of heading to Italy for a cookery course as a holiday.

We were there for our honeymoon last year and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Especially the food!!!!!!:D

So we were thinking of heading to Sicily. My wife is quite an amazing cook, but I would be very novice, so it wouldn’t be a chefs training course we are looking for.

I have views a few websites but none I really like the look of.

Would anybody have any info or has anyone ever done one!?

We would be looking at maybe a week there in August – September.

Any info would be greatly appreciatied.

Thanks Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭kikililly

Hi Oldscoil

My Fiance and I went to Italy last February for a a couple of weeks and we spent a weekend cooking in a school called Chianti Kitchen. We had the best time ever it was basicly 2 days of cooking in the hills of Tuscany with beautiful ingredients and plenty of vino!!! We just cooked and ate leisurely for hours on end it was heaven.

The school is run by a husband and wife in their house they have a dedicated cookery school in it, she is Italian and he is South African with an Irish background but he's living in Italy 30 years his name is Seamus depentheny O'Kelly I think....there may be a couple of you tube clips of him doing demos.

Because we wee there off season we were the only ones there and we were able to stay in their house with them and we really enjoyed the experience they are about a 20 minute drive outside Sienna.

Let me know if you want further details.

Advertisement