Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaggie's 5/3/1

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

C1W3D1 - Press Bench (couldn't get access to squat rack to do press)

Head not with it today, surprised i was able to get the weights correct on the bar..

5 x 30kg
    5 x 37.5kg
    5 x 45kg
    5 x 57.5kg
    3 x 65kg
    8 x 72.5kg

BBB
    5 x 10 x 45kg

C1W3D2 - Deadlift

Knee still niggling me a little so decided to not do the BBB, its the bending down as opposed to the straightening of the leg that nips a bit, getting better and next week is deload week so it should be grand after that.

anyhoo

5 x 50kg
    5 x 60kg (supposed to have been 65 but was daydreaming)
    5 x 77.5kg

5 x 95kg
    3 x 110kg
    5 x 122.5kg

as i was not doing BBB I thought I would do a single or two

1 x 145kg PB form was ok, it had been pretty poor all day but better on the heavier weights..felt strong on this so tried 150

0 x 150kg got it off the ground by about a cm and was stuck there..still getting nearer that 2 x BW bit by bit

as i was trying to lay off the knee didn't really know what to do with myself so just finished up with some dips

1 x 10
    1 x 8
    1 x 5

C1W3D3 - Press

5 x 20kg
    5 x 25kg
    5 x 27.5kg

5 x 35kg
    3 x 40kg
    6 x 45kg pb for reps, by 1 had another one in me but let it slip down my chest and I couldn't get it back up oooeerrr...

BBB
    5 x 10 x 27.5kg - tuff tuff tuff

Pull ups x 2 :rolleyes:

start new job next week...thankfully deload week...then the new baby is due about 10 days after that so fitting in cycle 2 is going to be interesting.

wow has it really been July since I last updated :O

In the meantime got promoted, had a baby and have been struggling big time to get to the gym. Managed a couple of times...but only to stop me rusting up.

New schedule, 3 times a week only unfortunately but in the morning before I start the day or wake up I intend on hitting the gym...nice and quiet in there...all equipment is mine...unfortunately as I proved this morning I need to get the body working again...

Decided to pick up where I left off kind of - redoing cycle 2 - had no notes of the lifts I was supposed to make this morning though, but I knew the top figure so just kind of blasted it out.

Cycle 2 - W1 D1

So Day 1 is going to consist of press and deads as I try and fit in to a 3 day cycle.

Press (1RM 52.5kg)
    5 x 20kg
    5 x 25kg
    5 x 30kg
    5 x 35kg
    5 x 37.5kg
    8 x 42.5kg

By no means my best - and i think I have hurt an old neck pain that I had before due to limited warm up - damn!

Deadlift (1RM 150kg -- did this on my time off there when messing in the gym)
    5 x 70kg
    5 x 90kg
    5 x 100kg
    6 x 112kg

Messed up my warm up and got confused and tbh was struggling big time...I put it down to the fact that it is morning and my body is still sleeping - need to get it used to the change.

Is this my last 5/3/1 day? Been pondering it for a while now...everyone seems to think it sucks and although I have noticed gains I just don't feel as strong as I did with starting strength and every day squatting...might look into a new program to fit my limited time.

Anyhoo

Much discouraged with the whole 5/3/1 thing today so
    Bench
    5 x 30
    5 x 35
    5 x 40
    5 x 45
    5 x 55
    11 x 65 --> this is what i mean - 65 felt so fecking heavy...

incline bench
    never done this before
    some small numbers

chins

dumbbell curls..

kind of aimless in there this morning...tbh

• Advertisement

missed the gym this morning so got along to a buddies gym to try it out at lunchtime (nearer to where i work).

lots of good old fashioned equipment and not a smyths machine in sight. I went at my squats for the first time in a long time, once I worked out how the squat cage worked ;) and once my intimidation of being in a room full of weights and strong looking feckers once overcome.

2 x 5 x 20kg
    5 x 40kg
    5 x 50kg
    5 x 60kg
    5 x 62.5kg
    5 x 72.5kg
    6 x 82.5kg

legs were ok, form was too, sun was shining right on me which i don't like so -1 for the gym, but hey it has a lot of +'s so...

today was really about just squatting and checking the place out...if i can move (need to cancel other membership first) and get longer in there due to the shorter journey i will be happy..

Advertisement