Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA Cup Replay: Leeds v Spurs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

RichMc70 wrote: »
    'Our FA Cup fourth round replay at Leeds has been selected for live television coverage by ITV and will now take place on Wednesday, February 3, kick-off 7.45pm.

The match will be settled on the night with extra time and penalties if necessary'.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/replaydateticketnews230110.html

Will be a cracking atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Leeds are sure to be well up for this one, especially with their crowd behind them.

We could really do with an early goal to quiet the fans and put some authority on the game.

I'm really not feeling confident on this one. 50-50 at best.

What's your predictions lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The nearer this game gets the more worried I get,have a bad feeling about it.hopefully Spurs will do the biz,could go to pens though.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Not very confident at all. More hope we will win rather than think we will and when you look at where we are in the league against where they are shouldnt be that way.

Think atmos will be cracking, v hostile and they will come out of the blocks flying. One thing is we really dont need ET etc with Villa on sat. Great chance for all in cup this year with so many bigger teams going out already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I haven't come across any Leeds fans, including myself, who think a win tonight would be a good thing. We've bigger fish to fry TBH. Hopefully we will put in a good display though, to settle the nerves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

oldyouth wrote: »
    I haven't come across any Leeds fans, including myself, who think a win tonight would be a good thing. We've bigger fish to fry TBH. Hopefully we will put in a good display though, to settle the nerves

promotion has to be the one for you alright but try telling the players not to give it 110% to beat a premiership side and get to next round of fa cup. Despite the priorities I think your players will give it everything they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i pesonallly think tis game is tailor made for them getting a hiding.

they re at home and are expeced to come out and have a good go at spurs. the previous game against man u and us they could sit back and break when they had the ball i know they didnt do it much but it was excetable for the if they did now they have to press foward.

not sure if it will happen. alot will depend on how we finish. that first game should have been over within 10 mins.

i would like to see pav get a start. i think with keane getting shipped out it will give him a boost and he could do wonders. maybe im talking nonsense here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

keane=cock wrote: »
    i pesonallly think tis game is tailor made for them getting a hiding.

they re at home and are expeced to come out and have a good go at spurs. the previous game against man u and us they could sit back and break when they had the ball i know they didnt do it much but it was excetable for the if they did now they have to press foward.

not sure if it will happen. alot will depend on how we finish. that first game should have been over within 10 mins.

i would like to see pav get a start. i think with keane getting shipped out it will give him a boost and he could do wonders. maybe im talking nonsense here
    Pav's out with an injury Ledly(I still dont know how he played two matches last week with no problems) Aaron Lennon (groin) and Benoit Assou-Ekotto (hip) on the sidelines with longer-term injuries Jonathan Woodgate (groin) and Carlo Cudicini (pelvis, wrist) are all out

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Am very worried about this one, it has cup upset written all over it. With injuries and players leaving, especially in defence, this could be a very tricky tie indeed. Just have to hope Defoe and Crouch do the business tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Pav's out with an injury Ledly(I still dont know how he played two matches last week with no problems) Aaron Lennon (groin) and Benoit Assou-Ekotto (hip) on the sidelines with longer-term injuries Jonathan Woodgate (groin) and Carlo Cudicini (pelvis, wrist) are all out

yep, nonsense talk so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

With our weakened squad it wont be easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i think we will win but only late on in the match

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

I think Spurs need the FA Cup a lot more than Leeds do this season and I think that will be the decisive factor.[/FONT][/SIZE]
    Spurs will beat anyone away as long as its not in their quest to finish 4th in the league, when we play a team away in the prem we should be beating we freeze because we are chokers. Tonight there are no points at stake so I’m expecting a win and then an even easier win at the Reebok in the q/f. [/FONT][/SIZE]
    ]We never win there in the league so I can guarantee we will in the cup. Same as we beat Fulham 4-0 a few years ago at the Cottage when we couldn’t win there in the league to save our lives.

i think we all need to hold our hands up here and admit how well bentley is playing. we arent even missing lennon now much. i know he is world class but bentley is making the loss very bareable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

What is the point of Gareth Bale's existence?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

mickman wrote: »
    i think we all need to hold our hands up here and admit how well bentley is playing. we arent even missing lennon now much. i know he is world class but bentley is making the loss very bareable
    Yep, Bentley is playing well. I'm a bit worried about the second half. I wish Dirty Leeds would lie down and concentrate on getting out of Division 3. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Lads,

Bently is playing well but there League ONE lads.... If he wasn't playing well I would be getting rid of him in the morning!

As usual never a dull moment with Spurs. So many chances and were not taking them.... sound familiar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I'm dying to see replay's of Defoe's 2nd goal......it looked level to me!

CLARIFICATION : The disallowed one.....because Defoe's just gotten an "allowed" 2nd! :)

Dave11 wrote: »
    Lads,

Bently is playing well but there League ONE lads.... If he wasn't playing well I would be getting rid of him in the morning!

As usual never a dull moment with Spurs. So many chances and were not taking them.... sound familiar!

dude. leeds at home in the fa cup is one of the hardest tests you will get. 2-1 now and another class ball in from bentley. give credit where its due, he is playing superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

mickman wrote: »
    dude. leeds at home in the fa cup is one of the hardest tests you will get. 2-1 now and another class ball in from bentley. give credit where its due, he is playing superb.

Sorry Mickman but I don't agree.... He has put in some decent balls and looks eager and keen which is great BUT he is being marked by a right footed midfield player who is only there cause there regular left back is injured. Do you agree with the ITV idiots that he could get a call up for the England squad??? WTF?? Thank god ITV lost most football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

COYS !!!!

/starts biting fingernails

Good stuff. we're through. Great goals by Defoe. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Nice one, just what we needed. Is that Defoe's third hatrick of the season?

dats_right wrote: »

Plenty of sense in that post :rolleyes:

el diablo wrote: »
    Good stuff. we're through. Great goals by Defoe. :D:D

Delighted to be through.

Who's the new right winger we have :D

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Relieved to be through to the next round and not the victim of giant killing upset. Last five minutes I kept seeing visions of Leeds nicking a goal and sending into extra time then penalties.

Overall we bossed the game other than a very shaky five mins after we scored in the first half. Fair play to Leeds though, they never just laid down.

I wouldn't get carried away though, as afterall Leeds are still in League 1.

Bolton away should be a much tougher test. Hopefully 'Arry' will play Palacios and Modric for that one.

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Hopefully 'Arry' will play Palacios and Modric for that one.

At the moment, Huddlestone would be my first central player on the team sheet.

dats_right wrote: »
    What's that supposed to mean ? another fine game by Gareth Bale tonight,him and Bentley are like two new signings the way they are playing lately.long may it continue.:)

tippspur wrote: »
    What's that supposed to mean ? another fine game by Gareth Bale tonight,him and Bentley are like two new signings the way they are playing lately.long may it continue.:)
    Yep, Lennon and Assou Ekotto will find it hard to get back in if these two keep it up. Plenty of competition will keep them all on their toes. ;)

Huge game now on Saturday. Luckily it didn't go to extra time. Villa will be fresh and are better suited to playing away from home.. :cool:

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    At the moment, Huddlestone would be my first central player on the team sheet.
    Hudd was great tonight,esp when his midfield partner was almost invisible again.

Advertisement