Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA Cup Replay: Leeds v Spurs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Tommy H did a lot to keep the pressure on Leeds at 2-1 by pushing up to the edge of the box and pinging balls around.

Bentley and Bale both very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

tippspur wrote: »
    What's that supposed to mean ? another fine game by Gareth Bale tonight,him and Bentley are like two new signings the way they are playing lately.long may it continue.:)

Really can't see how anyone can disagree with that. Both superb. Did Bentley nick MOM from Defoe? For me, yes. (After all, he did have a million chances and scored only three).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Delighted with the result a good performance overall.

Oh di anyone notice Jenas and Kranjcar KEEPING THE BALL IN THE CORNER AFTER 90min:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Delighted with the result a good performance overall.

Oh di anyone notice Jenas and Kranjcar KEEPING THE BALL IN THE CORNER AFTER 90min:eek:
    Yep, sure did. I'm sure Harry gave them a roasting after what happened at WHL in the 95th minute.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

good comprehensive win especially the second half performance.if bentley performs with the same conviction against villa i will have to review my opinion of him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yeah that was funny when injury time started and they all started to head for the corner flag.

bale was great goign forward again but he was at 6's and 7's at the back . was hesitant at times to boot the ball away and did a few sloppy passes . there was one stage when he was clearing and the leeds guy blocked it, if that was benny he would have side stepped in with it and walked it out of there chewing his gum. i think he is a far superior defender and thats the most important role of a full back

dawson was immense last night as was huddlestone (totally changed in my view , a great player ) but the honours go to bentley. one thing i notice a lot in him, whenever he knows he cant get past a player he passes it and lays it off. last year he would either boot it wide, try and beat the player and lose it or put in a cross for an impossible angle what would go over the bar

he seems to be back to basics and a lot lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

mickman wrote: »
    bale was great goign forward again but he was at 6's and 7's at the back . was hesitant at times to boot the ball away and did a few sloppy passes . there was one stage when he was clearing and the leeds guy blocked it, if that was benny he would have side stepped in with it and walked it out of there chewing his gum. i think he is a far superior defender and thats the most important role of a full back
    I'd still take BAE over Bale as much improved as he is and throw him on in games we're chasing or if we need an injection of pace to break down the opposition plus he's got a fro:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Bale was excellent again last night. Agree that BAE will find it tough to get back into the side. Great performance -apart from the 15 minutes after we scored, we were totally in control. Hudd reminded me of Carrick a few seasons ago, spraying passes everywhere, very composed on the ball. If only he would shoot more.
    I know Defoe scored 3 last night but does anyone else think he was one of our worst players?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Agree Bodie, I Didnt think defoe had a good game even though he scored a hattrick. Should have been 2 hattricks. Anyway he got the goals that got us through. Thought it was a good win and we basically bashed them for 80 mins. We let them back in way to easy after we scored the first though and that worries me. Its so similar to letting birmingham back in last week except this time we had another 45 to right it. Concentration just seems to go. against better opposition we will be in trouble doing this.

Anyway roll on Wembley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Half time saved us last night, I felt a Leeds goal was inevitable before teh break I must say?

What is it about this Spurs side that they stop playing and freeze when they take the lead? Birmingham on Saturday and same again last night, we stop playing once we're in front.:mad:

If we get this bad habit out of our system we could go a long way, sadly this is a mental problem that will take a lot of work or else strong character additions to the squad for this to be overcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

What's that supposed to mean ? another fine game by Gareth Bale tonight,him and Bentley are like two new signings the way they are playing lately.long may it continue.:)

totally agree

i thnk the two lads have been great since they got their chances, even if i could add about f#cking time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

What's that supposed to mean ? another fine game by Gareth Bale tonight

I'm sorry lads but are you having a laugh? Bale was murdered by the chap he was suppose to be marking in the first half, in fact, the corner that lead to the goal came about through some attrocious 'defending' by Bale. I mean it isn't just bad luck that resulted in him not featuring in a winning Spurs side in 24 consecutive performances! I can also remember numerous times where he was either directly at fault or through poor defending on his part lead to a goal in some of those matches. The only think I can say positive about him, is that I agree there has been some small improvement in his play, but not enough to justify a starting place and I suppose he's not too bad going forward, it's just he's a hopeless defender.

Advertisement