Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Repairs in Carlow ?

Options
  • 25-01-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anywhere that would fix a dell laptop ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

yer man halfway down dublin street? what seems to be the issue anyway? Surely theres IT heads on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Any idea what that place is called ? Its the power port at the back is the problem, its switching to the battery power even when its plugged in you have to wiggle it around a bit to get it back to ac power, the slightest movement then and it goes back to the battery power. its getting worse too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

I think Steve Cort is his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

the two guys who had their own shop, but are now back working in cantec are brilliant. have a chat with the on the QT, and they will probably sort you out.

They are excellent though

shop may not be called cantec anymore - but it is the shop in fairgreen

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

I can recommend Steve Cort for most computer problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I would recommend Steve Cort too, he's fixed stuff for myself and a few people I know, never had any problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

thanks for that , I'll give him a shout .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 glowglitter

hi guys, my laptop is playing up, i was just wondering where is the best place in carlow to get it repaired ????

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Sort of playing up problems.I may be able to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

For computer repairs you could also check out this guy:

Colm Whelan
    Rockfield IT Services

2 Frederick Avenue, Athy Road, Carlow, Co. Carlow, Ireland.
    Office: +353 (0)59 91 58001 Mob: +353 (0)86 907 4851

He's a very nice chap, very helpful and efficient.

For computer repairs you could also check out this guy:

Colm Whelan
    Rockfield IT Services

2 Frederick Avenue, Athy Road, Carlow, Co. Carlow, Ireland.
    Office: +353 (0)59 91 58001 Mob: +353 (0)86 907 4851

He's a very nice chap, very helpful and efficient.

I'll +1 for Colm being spot on. Really nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

How the hell is steve corts website still up?!

i made that website last...august maybe, and then took it down cos it was crap, and never rebuilt it!

steves a good friend...id recommend him no end...he'll sort you out!

colm whelan is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Yeah Steve Cort be yer man for the job alright. I do repairs also for anyone whos interested but Steve would be yer best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mrjacko

dont go near steve cort, he is a gangster.
    gave him my laptop to take and save 5 years worth of pictures to put on to discs.
    he lost every one of them , not even an apology
    he has closed down his shop now, i had to chase him to his home to get my laptop back , he wont even answer me, he sends his wife to the door to say hes unwell and cant come to the door
    he made up some cock and bull story that didnt even match the stories that he made up a few weeks previous to that..just making **** excuses for losing all the photos
    i am fuming over him losing all my photos, 5 years worth of irreplacable memories gone, these included pictures of my father who died few years back, they cannot be replaced
    i have heard nothing only bad reports about him since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

mrjacko wrote: »
    gave him my laptop to take and save 5 years worth of pictures to put on to discs.
    he has closed down his shop now, i had to chase him to his home to get my laptop back , he wont even answer me, he sends his wife to the door to say hes unwell and cant come to the door
    he made up some cock and bull story that didnt even match the stories that he made up a few weeks previous to that..just making **** excuses for losing all the photos
    i am fuming over him losing all my photos, 5 years worth of irreplacable memories gone, these included pictures of my father who died few years back, they cannot be replaced

Well I've never heard a bad word about him and every time I or anyone else I know dealt with him he was a gent and always delivered a good service.
    Labelling the guy a gangster over something that was clearly a mistake is beyond bad form.
    And FTR, he is sick, afaik its why he closed down.

Essien wrote: »
    Well I've never heard a bad word about him and every time I or anyone else I know dealt with him he was a gent and always delivered a good service.
    Labelling the guy a gangster over something that was clearly a mistake is beyond bad form.

+1

I've only ever heard good things about him and his service

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Essien wrote: »
    And FTR, he is sick, afaik its why he closed down.

+1

I have only ever had good service and value from Steve Cort.

@ mrjacko.. Before you set about abusing peoples good name maybe you should ask yourself why you where irresponsible enough to have 5 years worth of information stored on a laptop :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

There are some software applications out there that can recover data from hard drives if the files have been lost\deleted by accident. A quick google or a trip over to the computers forum can help.

From experience you will tend to get alot of the data back BUT there is no guarantee that it will be successful.

If you really treasure the photos that much there is a company in Dublin that specializes in data recovery and even has their own clean lab. I personally have never used them but some major companies that my mates work for rave about them - http://www.criticaldata.ie/index.html

I hope that helps your predicament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

just an FYI if the harddrive wasn't reformatted or used too much since I can get your files back. I'm qualified to do so, spent four years studying IT & Forensic Analysis (2.5 yrs in Forensic Analysis).

If they are that important to you, give me a shout, i'm not promising that i'll recover any of them to be honest, but i'd have the best means to do so persay, a far greater chance than any online software.

Your call. Sorry about the photo's not nice at all when that happens. I know hindsight is 20/20 but I'd recommend online backup, alongside a peripheral backup. It's the minimum backup you should have for any data.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

is colm whelan the guy who played soccer with Hanover Harps?? if so very nice lad indeed.

There is also a Latvin/polish guy beside Murphs Key cutters, beside supervalue (across from the superquinn exit. I called in there before he seemed a nice guy and pretty cheap to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bonner

mrjacko wrote: »

Thats a bit harse on the man although something similar happened to me.
    I too left in my laptop to be repaired on a wednesday and went back on the following monday to collect it only to find the shop closed and the place totally cleaned out.
    There was no sign on the window to let customers know where to collect their property and he wasn't answering his phone.
    When I eventually tracked him down to his house I was told the same story by his wife so I just left it so. I have never received my laptop back or never had as much as an apology from him or his family.
    I always found him to be a nice man as I had used him before but its hard to forgive that sort of treatment from anyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement