Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are booked holidays included in notice period?

• 25-01-2010 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was served 4 weeks notice an hour before I was due to go on two week's booked holidays. Is this legal? If my notice period were to begin after my holidays I would then have over a year of service, and would have a case for unfair dismissal.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Sonny Boy wrote: »
    I was served 4 weeks notice an hour before I was due to go on two week's booked holidays. Is this legal? If my notice period were to begin after my holidays I would then have over a year of service, and would have a case for unfair dismissal.

No the employer is perfectly within his rights here, he's giving you 4 weeks notice.. what you have planned for two of those weeks is unfortunate, but the employer is sticking to his end of the deal by giving you that... thing is if you've been there less than a year he only has to give you one weeks notice!!

Do you mind me asking why you think you may have a case for unfair dismissal.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement