Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wire Back Issues

Options
  • 25-01-2010 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

Anyone care to take a couple of boxes of back issues of the Wire off my hands? It's a more or less complete run from around 130 - 290 (if memory serves, I'm missing one or maybe two out of the sequence, and those might not be the exact start and end issues). Dublin 4 area, free but you'll have to drop by and pick them up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'll take them and can collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

John wrote: »
    I'll take them and can collect.

They're all yours - PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Enjoy all that Reading John ..:D

( I have issues 140 (Oct '95) -> present issue 312)

Their website has details of the contents on each issue. http://www.thewire.co.uk/issues/current/

I do find myself going back to "back issues" for info on artists that I am only getting into now. - ie. there was now way back in the day to get my hands on their work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I was just saying to rottenhat via PM that I started buying The Wire around the time he stopped so looking forward to going through the many I haven't read. I tend to go back and read them too, usually pick up one at random and go through it to see if there's any features on artists I've gotten into since first reading that issue. Nerdy I know but I'm nothing if not a nerd.

Advertisement