Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luggage - Samsonite etc

Options
  • 25-01-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone knows where I could pick up some reasonably priced Luggage (samsonite etc).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Reasonably priced and Samsonite cannot be put in the same sentence. Reasonably priced luggage, go to Debenhams.

Samsonite, go to House of Frazer, but be prepaired to pay €150-300 for most of them. Arnotts also have them at very high prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

The Outlet near Banbridge (www.the-outlet.co.uk) have very good prices for Samsonite. My sis bought case from them before NY for 45£ in Kildare village same was for 95E. In Dublin probably over 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

emc2 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone knows where I could pick up some reasonably priced Luggage (samsonite etc).

I've found Samsonite to be tuff stuff. I have two of their bags, one has been following me around for 12-13 years on multiple trips per year and getting dogs abuse - it's still going strong.

Having seen friends cheapo luggage break on the first trip, and them having to struggle around a city or airport with a broken wheel or handle I think it's worth it paying a bit extra for good luggage.

My last one was bought online, you will probably find prices much better online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mayank Jain

yes i too agree samsonite luggages are of best quality. they are of less weight and no hectic in carrying them while traveling.

Thanks
    Mayank Jain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

i bought some samsonite stuff from this crowd before

http://www.trippluggage.ie

and the price was very reasonable
    saw the same case in house of fraser for nearly twice the price
    however i also checked the outlet in newry . the prices were similar to the site but they had less options available and colours which didnt suit me

that was a few months ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 jondon

hi go onto eircom rewards on there homepage and they have a offer for samsonite Sahora A68 Spinner travel bag ryanair size i got 2 of the shipped to galway for 149 best i could find they are 4 wheeler and brillant have the big version of samsonite 4 wheeler and will never go back to 2 wheels the site it brings you to is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Cant seem to find that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jondon

yea looked that up and there offer has changed this month it had been up there in nov and dec and jan , try looking up bags2go.ie and ask them about the sahora 68 spinner eircom offer they might be able to offer something, they are a super bag nice and light and very strong and easy to move around

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi,

Not sure if this is the most helpful unless you're going to the US BUT if you are or know someone who is, pretty much any big department store there will be WAY cheaper than here, usually 50-75% of Irish price on a straight currency exchange (i.e. a Eur 200 case here will likely be around $100-150 dollars there). Factor in the exchange rate and it's a bargain. Plus Macy's 11% discount for Irish Passport holders (bring your passport to Customer service for your discount card).

If you're in NY there's a luggage store in Woodbury Common but the best deal I ever got was on a Samsonite Suit Carrier in Century 21 in NY. The exact same one was Eur450 in Brown Thomas before I left - I was tempted to buy it as I needed one for work travel. I bought it in Century 21 for $120 Dollars! I couldn't believe it. I also bought a Samsonite holdall - Eur 220 in BT, $65 dollars in C21! Not a bad day's work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The Samonsite shop in Kildare Shopping Village had some great bargains around Christmas. I got a very nice cabin sized roller case, fabric with two compartments inside for about €70.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭measurement

Can anyone tell me if the outlet store for Samsonite at Junction 1 near Newry is still there? I need to invoke the warranty, but don't want to go all that way if it has closed down. Can't find them on the web.

It was open about a month ago but obviously can't comment on whether it's open now or not - there were a lot of empty units there when I last passed it.

Why not ring/email the Outlet Office and ask them?

Telephone: +44 (0) 28 4062 5151
    E-mail: info@the-outlet.co.uk

Thanks for that, especially the phone number, which was illegible on my receipt.:)

:( I phoned, and they have gone into administration. gone from Outlet centre.

There's a Samsonite Office in Ballymount but it trades under a different name - I know this as I had to drop a case in there for a wheel repair a couple of years ago. I can't remember the address or the name of the company but I was referred there from the Samsonite Sales Person in Brown Thomas - maybe try calling her and get the name from her?

Advertisement