Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MBTs

• 25-01-2010 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hello all!!

Just wondering if anyone uses MBT walking shoes and if you have noticed any benefits from them??? I searched the threads but most of the posts are from a few years ago! Cheers and thanks :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I wore them for a while, my physio recommended them as far as I remember but they didnt suit me. I got no benefit from them, if anything I found they made me worse. It really depends on the person though.

An aunt of mine swears by them though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

My physio prescribed me orthotics to put into my normal shoes, worked wonders for my posture and general walking. I tried a pair, but found them uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 33 actingthegoat

Hiya,
    I had a pair and thought they were great,v comfy if you're on your feet all day,and keep your feet nice and warm,and keep the end of your jeans dry if you're vertically challenged like me! Hard to say if they are good for toning but I did think they helped. The biggest factor for me was that my feet didnt get tired in them.
    BUT, after wearing them for less than a year,the soles began to wear down excessively so I sent them up to the repair centre in Limerick - cant remember how much this cost,im thinking about 30 quid. Got them back re-soled within a week,delighted until about 2months later they were wearing down v fast again, so I sent them back to the repair centre again and they told me there was nothing they could do :mad::( Apparently I was "overusing" them and that some weird chemical had seeped into the soles and did I work on a farm?!!!
    Not sure what constitutes excessive use and dont work with any chemicals,so was more than a bit annoyed since theyre pricey enough!
    So,in answer to your question, I'd say theyre good if you're not going to wear them too often :D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

I bought a pair a good few years back, and while they take some getting used to I think they are fab. Amazingly comfy, and they do make you walk properly too - I found I couldn't walk too fast in them to start LOL! I think they do work with regards toning as my calves would be dead sore after a good walk in them. :D

They are something you need to use regularly I thnk, so if you are prepared to then they are well worth it - I even run in mine sometimes, which is surprisingly enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MartinaFC

Hi there - I've been wearing MBTs for the past 5 years and would highly recommend them... My knees are pretty wrecked and until I started wearing mbts I couldn't walk a mile without being in real pain. 5 years later I walk 5miles a day with little or no pain...They take a while to get used to and I usually get a year out of each pair - I have the hiking boots style, the trainers and the sandals. I'd really recommend the hiking boots as they give great ankle support. One thing to be aware of is that they are very slippy on certain surfaces... Definately not for icy weather but other then that they're brilliant. If you're looking for them at a good price I usually get mine on ebay.co.uk just make sure you get sized first so you know exactly what size you need.... Hope this helps..:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement