Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fulham at home?

Options
  • 25-01-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

is there anyone on the forums anymore?

anyway i was hoping pav would get a start 2morrow night but he is injured now. looks like hudd is to return but lennon still out. we really need to win this one but it has a draw written all over it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah we badly need a win. And not just a win, but some better performances from key players like Modric, Nikko, Defoe. All of them have been crap over the last few matches and it's hurt us.

If we don't win this one I don't think we'll recover the fight for 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Yeah I would say this match is make or break. I would nearly start with Robbie seems to me that a strong character is needed to lift us as we have been pretty poor over the last few matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

id start with keane and pav. defoe looks dis-interested at present and after yet another penalty miss he needs a kick up the backside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Must win game.
    Cant even consider leaving out defoe for me, he is no doubt our best chance of a goal, even if he's not at full tilt at the min. Id go with palacios and modric in the middle. 3 1 home win ;)

if we draw tomorrow night which is a realy possibility and the pool beat wolves then they go fourth. they werent long catching up!

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    if we draw tomorrow night which is a realy possibility and the pool beat wolves then they go fourth. they werent long catching up!

It was just as much us dropping points as them catching up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

It'll be a tough game and Fulham know how to stop us from playing. I'm thinking maybe a 1-0 or 0-0 (or 0-1 :eek:).

Is Pav definitely injured? Doubt Harry woud start him even if he was fit...

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

el diablo wrote: »
    It'll be a tough game and Fulham know how to stop us from playing....

Big test, lets see if we have learned anything from Stoke, Wolves, Hull. If game is panning out the same we need to see Harry try something different and I dont mean play the long ball to crouch. Go 3-5-2 get around their fullbacks. Bale has pace, Rose has pace lets use it. They will park the bus and hit us on the break and with the long ball to zamora if he plays. We need to step up to plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

I'm going to this one..... :D.

Looking for a much better performance then the last few. Defoe and Krancjar really need to pull there socks up and Modric is back long enough now to start putting in the same effort that he did before his injury!!

I agree with the above that we need to see Harry do something different if things aren't going right!! Teams coming to WHL know exactly what were going to do and Harry doesn't seem to have an answer for it!!

I'm predicting 2-0 Spurs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Enjoy the game, hope we get the 2-0 you're predicting.

I think Luka has been one of better players since he came back, sure theres a bit more in him but I wonder did he just look so much better at the start as the rest of the team were playing more to his level. The little things he tries are not coming off like they were at the start of the season so lets hope tonight it all clicks into place again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Enjoy the game, hope we get the 2-0 you're predicting.

I think Luka has been one of better players since he came back, sure theres a bit more in him but I wonder did he just look so much better at the start as the rest of the team were playing more to his level. The little things he tries are not coming off like they were at the start of the season so lets hope tonight it all clicks into place again.

I don't get the praise for Modric at all. He is still way too lightweight and constantly gets knocked off the ball. When Lennon comes back I can see Harry dropping Luka. Niko has a far better long range shot and has an equally good range of passing.

As for tonights game I think we will win it. They are missing Dempsey and Konchesky. If we continue creating chances like in the Hull and Leeds matches we will win games. Hopefully their keeper will not have a man of the match performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Lukas shooting really needs working on. Cant remember him ever smashing a ball. He really seems to lose his nerve at the last second and tap balls straight at the keeper. Niko has been great but is only seems effective when we are cruising games. Rare to see him battle when things aren't going our way thus his spate of substitutions.

I think Modric has been rubbish on the right. He's not been involved as much as he would usually be, and it's a shame as he would usually be one of our best players. It might be time to switch Nikko to the right and put Modric back on the left as I'd imagine he'll work well with Bale.

Isn't Zamora injured at the moment as well? Hopefully this is the night that Bale's jinx is broken.

curses are always broken so tonight has to be the night that bales one is. its going on a bit long now. i personally dont think harry will change anything whether its going our way or not. is pav in or out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 limerickyidd

Dave11 wrote: »
    I'm going to this one..... :D.

I'm predicting 2-0 Spurs!!

Hope your right Dave:)

As for tonights game I think we will win it. They are missing Dempsey and Konchesky. If we continue creating chances like in the Hull and Leeds matches we will win games. Hopefully their keeper will not have a man of the match performance.[/QUOTE]

Hope your right Bodie:)

I think we will get the train back on the rails tonight. I'm expecting the team to dig in deep and give us a right result. God knows we need it after the sub standard games of late. Thank God Harrys confirmed that JD will not be taking anymore penalties. He has cost me three yankees recently, when I was waiting for Spurs to fill em. Unbeleivable, one of em was worth a nice few €s. Had a lump on em 2nite at 4/7 must be mad as the pundits are tipping a draw. Think they,ll do the bizz 2-0 or 3-1 but ill settle for a win at anycost.

i must hold my hands up and say i have under rated huddlestone all season. when jenas was playing we were shocking, tom is back 2nite and the midfield has a lot more stability to it. he opens up the game too with some great passes

modric back to his best 2nite, playing very well

bentley playing well too, working hard and some good crosses

all in all a very good performance.

is 2nite the nite where bales curse is broken?

i must hold my hands up and say i have under rated huddlestone all season. when jenas was playing we were shocking, tom is back 2nite and the midfield has a lot more stability to it. he opens up the game too with some great passes

modric back to his best 2nite, playing very well

bentley playing well too, working hard and some good crosses

all in all a very good performance.

is 2nite the nite where bales curse is broken?
    Yep, in the bag. 2-0 Bentley. ;)

palacious made a tackle few mins before the end of first half. he ran 30 yds back chasing a fulham fella and did a slide tackle and won the ball off him. totally killed the attack. it showed everything that spurs havent had until we signed him. top class player

• Advertisement

Hopefully Wolves can hold on and take points off Liverpoo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

good scoreline so far good to get back to winning ways:D
    nice to see bentley playing well and pav scoring against leeds
    return of the rejects or what!
    hope pav gets another chance to prove his worth aswell
    things are back to looking well hopefully wolves hold out and we go 3 points ahead of pool AGAIN!

finish it off with a 3rd please:o

COYS

Happy with that. Would be even happier if I had recorded the match and not 2 hours of the Gilette Soccer Special. That's what I get for not paying attention to what's on what channel!

Nice to get the win and to get Bale's jinx out of the way though. City still have 2 games in hand but I'd rather the points, so hopefully they'll mess at least one of them up. The Pool result was the icing though hehe.

Fcuking delighted.
    Didn't play very well, but 3 pts is what matters.
    JD quiet again, a little worrying , but he will come out of it.

Massive game again on sat.
    I hate saying it about one player, but we miss lennon bigtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

palacious made a tackle few mins before the end of first half. he ran 30 yds back chasing a fulham fella and did a slide tackle and won the ball off him. totally killed the attack. it showed everything that spurs havent had until we signed him. top class player
    Have to agree,Wilson was great tonight and back to doing what he does best,thought Bentley done ok aswell,Dawson very good again as was Bale (the jinx is broken:))and thank God Gomes injury wasen't so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

good win with a bit of luck thrown in for bentleys goal,have to agree with earlier poster midfield is much improved with huddlestone back ,defoes form is becoming a bit worrying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I thought we had a much better shape in midfield with Bentley and Luka out wide, rather than Niko and Luka as in the last few games. Modric and Bale linked up well on a number of occasions, Bale is such a threat on the overlap. Also nice to see Palacios given a partner in midfield, as opposed to the invisible man who was in there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'm delighted with the win and to finally have bale's curse broken and as one of his biggest critics here I'm delighted with the way he's played since BAE has been out.

Onward and upward lets try string a nice few wins together in febuary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Please god let us finish 4th this season, what a dream come through if we do. If we can beat Birmingham away we could well be looking good for 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

dclane wrote: »
    Please god let us finish 4th this season, what a dream come through if we do. If we can beat Birmingham away we could well be looking good for 4th.
    Birmingham are a very good team and it's going to be extremly difficult to break them down I hope Lennon is back his pace will be a huge factor on the wings

Advertisement