Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling All Kilkenny Moutain Bikers

Options
  • 25-01-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hello everybody,

There does not seem to be any MTB club in KK. Are there any MTBrs who would like to share knowledge, lifts and go on trips to Ballyhoura and further afield ? I have thrown the seeds ..............................

Pajosjunkbox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

I was big into it years ago but with the lack of a car to try new places and nobody else in Kilkenny to go with I eventually fell away from the scene. Some of the forests were good craic and I used cycle out to Jenkinstown every week but in general the terrain in Kilkenny is just not the best for mountain bikes unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Yeah I agree with you about the lack of places in kilkenny. I'm more interested in heading to other places tbh. Ballyhoura is not too far away and good craic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Hey padjo, I'm more of a roadie but if you're doing something around here I'd be interested as my suv truffle-hunter bso mountain bike would only be suitable for lighter stuff. How as ever in August/ September I will be buying a "real" mountain bike and upgrading my road bike. There's loads of contacts to be made in the cycling forum, I would have met a lot of the roadies and gone for a spin with them, I know it's mostly roadies but there's a good few truffle hunters in there also. You can see my bikes somewhere in the images of beauty. If you have a road bike I'm going for a spin in the morning, or if you want to try and have a KK version of "Epic Bickering" I can race you between two points and prove that road bikes are better ;) I'm assuming nobody here has read the epic bickering thread in the cycling forum, it's well worth a read. If the bikes in Ballyhoura aren't too expensive to rent I'd be interested in heading over some time, I'd probably only need to rent the bike as I have SPD shoes.
    TTFN

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Sounds good. Would be cool to get a group together and head down to Ballyhoura and maybe even trips further afield. I might take you up on the race offer as I have just ordered my new hardtail - Focus Raven 2009. Im like a child on Christmas eve.

Don't have a road bike .......yet. A few friends have been trying to convert me but I think I'm off road at heart.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Don't have a road bike .......yet. A few friends have been trying to convert me but I think I'm off road at heart.

*sniggers* It's only a matter of time.

Im still a young man boys. Ill take up the road biking when the arthritis sets in. That and golf.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Hey!

Four!

Im still a young man boys. Ill take up the road biking when the arthritis sets in. That and golf.

As a roadie and golfer, I can assure you I don't have arthritis and it's fore not four. Truffle hunters, always causing trouble :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Damn - I'm caught in a web. Road cyclists with golf clubs. Sounds like an elitist sport !:D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Hmmmmm something like this perhaps?

Advertisement